Sign in to follow this  
Rickenbacker

Do you pick a "house" in Flight or am I just wierd?

This might just be me, but in every flight sim I've played I've always picked out a spot that was "mine". In FS98 it was a hangar in Portugal, where my tiny airline was based, in FSX it was a house in Greece where I could land my helicopters at the end of the day. So I've gone ahead and claimed a spot in Flight as "My House", and feel the need to share this strange affliction with the forum. First, here are some images of the place I found.flightmyhouse3.jpgThe "runway" is the white coral road in the top middle, with the "hangar" at the lower end and the houses at the top, by the water.flightmyhouse2.jpgBuzzing the farm, with the runway in the background and the hangars on the far left. Easiest to land from the water.flightmyhouse1.jpgAnd the Stearman on the "apron" by the hangar, actually some kind of generic garage that looks really out of place here :).To get to this little "runway", either fly radial 205 från Hilo (ITO) VOR for 53,5nm, or the Kona (Kailua-Kona) IAI VOR radial 132 for 46nm. Or fly to the spot where those two radials meet, basically. Easily reachable from the small bush fields on the southeast coast of the Big Island. This same landclass is also found elsewhere, I've seen it on northern Oahu for example.So this is my personal litte spot, where I like to land and park my plane before turning off Flight for the night. Do you have a similar spot, or am I the only wierdo?

Guest treeman

When I work on a scenery, I tend to pick a house as "mine" for the duration of the project :lol:Much more fun to have a place to park the planes at the end of the day!

Yeah you are just weird... :wink:Can't say that I have ever done that in a flight sim, but now that you have planted the thought in my mind...

I've gone through the last three versions of MS Flight Simulator using Iquique, Chile, as a sort of home base. It's right on the coast, at the edge of the northern Chilean desert and it always loads fast because there is a minimum of vegetation, habitation and roads. It's a good spot for familiarizing myself with new aircraft as I download them. Don't know yet where I'll adopt as a go-to spot in Flight.John

My go-to airport in pretty much all full-world sims has been my home airport IRL, Örebro (ESOE). It's got a long runway, and a grass field on the side, which is where I normally fly. Which might not be a good thing, because since I'm VERY familiar with how the place looks from the air, I'm always disappointed :).

Anyone who would like to stay in my huge hotel in Honolulu are very welcome !! :LMAO:

I've always picked out a spot that was "mine".
I did that in many games (especially in MMO's where i lived for some years :-)), but never in flight sim. Maybe i'll look for some nice piece of land too. If it weird, you are not be alone in it then :D.

I always find myself randomly parking my plane in that hanger at Honolulu you can actually go in. The one with the cones. That's my little "safe" zone and as close to a `home' as I've choose.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thanks. Do you mind if I fly over my garbage and store it on that big lawn for a few days? I promise to remove it next week. Honest. :Pig:The pink hotel along Waikiki Beach is mine. Keep your grimy mitts off of it. :)Room rates: $500 per night.

Hey! That's MY house! Move it!!! :PSeriously (as far as possible): it's a nice idea, I have to say! I always have an airport as my home base but never thought about picking a house...!

Well, it never felt that right in FSX, but in Flight, with its greater emphasis on GA, it feels just right to pick out a small farm field somewhere and call it "home" :).And FrankFasi, just dump it on the neighbors lawn, it's HUGE! :)

I like to park at the Princeville airport on Kauai. No fuel on site through.