Sign in to follow this  
nawarren

FO Audio Issue

Hi there,Great product. Just getting my head round it. I have one issue that I find annoying. The First officer audio only comes out of my right headset speaker. i.e its mono. However when cabin crew speak to me it comes out of both ears, ie stereo.I find it quite distracting only hearing him in one ear.Bryan is there any chance of changing this?CheersNeil

I think that may be because the FO sits on your Right side so the majority of sound will come through your right speaker / headphone.The Cabin crew are probably heard in in both ears but I would assume that when the flight deck door is closed you wouldn't hear them anyways. (but you can using the volume)I'm sure Bryan will inform us either way shortly.

Hi Adam,Thanks for reply. Yea I figured that was the reason, however I would love an option to have him through both ears. I find it really offputting listening to him in just the one ear. Wasn't sure if this was a feature or if I had a problem.If it could be done easily as an option I would be over the moon.CheersNeil

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Hi there,Great product. Just getting my head round it. I have one issue that I find annoying. The First officer audio only comes out of my right headset speaker. i.e its mono. However when cabin crew speak to me it comes out of both ears, ie stereo.I find it quite distracting only hearing him in one ear.Bryan is there any chance of changing this?CheersNeil
Hi Neil,FS2Crew uses 3D sound.So if the Headset is not selected on, the FO will come out out of the right (because he sits to your right).When the FA comes into talk to you, she's behind you, so FS2Crew uses your rear speakers.Cheers,Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107
Hi Neil,FS2Crew uses 3D sound.So if the Headset is not selected on, the FO will come out out of the right (because he sits to your right).When the FA comes into talk to you, she's behind you, so FS2Crew uses your rear speakers.Cheers,

Following on from that, how do I increase the sound of the ground crew ??ALL sounds except the ground crew are good, NGX, FSX and FSCrew both thru the speakers and headphones work perfect.I also have the same problem with the FSCrew JS4100 groundcrew.Never sure what the Ground crew have said just give them a answer and they seem happy.

Trevor Golding

Hi Bryan,Thanks for the reply. I don't quite get what you mean when you say 'if not selected on.' Do i have to enable a sound option somewhere? Is it possible to get FO out of both ears? Sorry I'm a bit confused. For info I have all FSX sounds coming out of my 2 desktop speakers and FS2crew sounds out of my headset.CheersNeilHi Bryan,Thanks for the reply. I don't quite get what you mean when you say 'if not selected on.' Do i have to enable a sound option somewhere? Is it possible to get FO out of both ears? Sorry I'm a bit confused. For info I have all FSX sounds coming out of my 2 desktop speakers and FS2crew sounds out of my headset.CheersNeil

Hi Bryan,Any Ideas?Thanks for the reply. I don't quite get what you mean when you say 'if not selected on.' Do i have to enable a sound option somewhere? Is it possible to get FO out of both ears? Sorry I'm a bit confused. For info I have all FSX sounds coming out of my 2 desktop speakers and FS2crew sounds out of my headset.CheersNeil

Hi Neil,Sorry, I missread.if you have your Headset audio device selected on the FS2Crew Config Panel, and you press "HS" on the FS2Crew Main Panel, the checklists, etc., will come through your Headset.And they will use all channels, not just the right one.So ensure you press "HS" on the FS2Crew Main Panel.Cheers,

I'm having a bad experience with FS2crew, just installed the product and its not working properly. FO is done with his preflight checks, FA has closed the doors and now I'm calling for the preflight checklist, no response from the FO at all (I've been at this for 5 minutes now).Im using a USB headset, I can hear the captains voice (when he announces a departure delay for example) in my right ear. I have my USB headset selected as the sound device and the HS key is on. What am I doing wrong? I have spc1 installed and as far as I know my NGX installation is sound. Do I need to uninstall and re-install?

Sounds like you're doing everything right, so it's probably something else.Do you see "Pre Flight Checklist" in the Green bar?Does the Mode on the FS2Crew Main Panel say: "Preflight?Is the "Voice" button on the FS2Crew Main Panel on?Cheers,

Check, check and check.FO started responding after a while but I still had problems, reinstalled FS2Crew last night, haven't tried it since. Hoping everything will be fine now