Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Headset

I cannot communicate with anyone. I have my headset hooked up correctly...I think. Any solutions?? This is on MS Flight.

First, check under "Sound" in your computer's Control Panel to make sure they are recognized by the system. Test the audio in the headset's speaker, then check the mic to make sure it can hear you. Assuming it checks out okay, fire up Flight. At the main menu, press the Home key (or the Guide button if you use an Xbox Controller). This will bring up a Windows Live menu at the top of the screen. Click on "Settings" to the right, then from there go to Voice Settings and make sure your headset is selected for both audio output and microphone input.Once that is setup, you should be able to talk in multiplayer. Hold down the TAB key to broadcast your voice to everyone in the session, and release it when you are finished speaking. Alternatively, you can use CTRL+TAB to broadcast on your radio, but only people in your vicinity and tuned to the same radio frequency as your aircraft will hear you.

Is there anyway to set up so the headset is voice sound and the pc speakers are engine and other sounds ?Cannot find this in the manual.Thanks,TomGT: BeechV35

yes, you can do that. When you set the mic in the live menu, it will send mic audio to the headset and not your pc speakers.If your pc is trying to use your headset as a speaker, you can change that in the "Sound" menu of the PC's Control Panel.