Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Prepar3D.....Home and Academic Licence $49!

That's not truly "home", though. It's only "home" if you are an actual staff member or student at an eductaional institute. It is still not for use by "normal" home users.Of course, it is encouraging that they are expanding licensing options!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

That's not truly "home", though. It's only "home" if you are an actual staff member or student at an eductaional institute. It is still not for use by "normal" home users.Of course, it is encouraging that they are expanding licensing options!
Like I said.....'normal use' now = $199http://www.prepar3d....repar3d-client/

So what's this then:"Private pilots, commercial organizations, militaries and academia rely on Prepar3D for immersive, experiential learning."It says nothing about normal, "home" use if you don't belong to any of the above.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

academic for "educational efforts at or below undergraduate level."Gray area.... What defines educational effort?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If one were attending ground school, I would think that would qualify. Yep, it is a gray area.Bob

You know, I was taking my info from this link at orbx:http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/43211-lockheed-martin-announces-49-prepar3d-academic/Do as you see fit....delete the thread or lock it if you wish. Personally, Im going to jump all over it.

I'm an undergraduate studying computer science. Can I have it for $49.95?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

These are the uses it lists in the product purchase page...to me that says...`home`` ....and I am at home, and I am always learning.So does that mean I pay a one time fee and I have access to Prepared.Uses

• Classroom
  • Home
  • Educational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs

Also, if you buy this license does it mean you will have access to the entire program and all its features.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I'm an undergraduate studying computer science. Can I have it for $49.95?
As long as you are using P3D in a productive and educational manner, I don't think that you will run into any issues.

These are the uses it lists in the product purchase page...to me that says...`home`` ....and I am at home, and I am always learning.So does that mean I pay a one time fee and I have access to Prepared.Uses
  • Classroom
  • Home
  • Educational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs

Also, if you buy this license does it mean you will have access to the entire program and all its features.

Orbx are saying 'yes'

academic for "educational efforts at or below undergraduate level."
Well, my (hypothetical) grandson is a first grade student at Flume Elementary School. That's definitely "below undergraduate level..." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yup, let's face it, pretty much anyone can claim to be in education, i.e. if I'm studying flower arranging at a night school class and then practicing it at home, I'm an academic when faffing around with flowers on my kitchen table.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well then, what the heck are you all waiting for, Christmas?Bob