Sign in to follow this  
graves84

FS2Crew and Radar Contact 4...

Hello again-FS2Crew has been running FLAWLESSLY for me- your tech support has been top notch! My new "bug" was discovered when running RC4 and FS2C at the same time. All features for both programs work, but I'm noticing that when ATC is talking or another call sign, the volume drops to where I can't hear anything...just the chatter from RC4. The volume returns to normal settings when the chatter stops, or when I hit the "Q" button twice. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or has a fix...I've been resorting to the FSX ATC engine in the mean time, and everything has been running fine. You guys have an AWESOME product- I couldn't be happier with it... not to forget the support!

Hello again-FS2Crew has been running FLAWLESSLY for me- your tech support has been top notch! My new "bug" was discovered when running RC4 and FS2C at the same time. All features for both programs work, but I'm noticing that when ATC is talking or another call sign, the volume drops to where I can't hear anything...just the chatter from RC4. The volume returns to normal settings when the chatter stops, or when I hit the "Q" button twice. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or has a fix...I've been resorting to the FSX ATC engine in the mean time, and everything has been running fine. You guys have an AWESOME product- I couldn't be happier with it... not to forget the support!
This is not a bug, go to control panel and select hardware & sound>sound>communications, and change the option "when windows detects communications to "do nothing"

This is not a bug, go to control panel and select hardware & sound>sound>communications, and change the option "when windows detects communications to "do nothing"
My problem is similar but slightly worse. The sound just disappears and does not return. And it disappears when I start talking to the Ground. Even the Windows sounds. I need to restart my computer to have sound again.I know this is not a problem of FS2Crew, it is a Windows problem. But if anyone knows how to fix, I thank you.I tried to follow your advice, Damien, but I use Vista 64bit, and I can not find the option mentioned by you. In Windows 7 it is there, but in Vista I could not find it.By the way, this is my first FS2Crew product. And it is fantastic!!! Even using only the button control option for now, it is wonderful!

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

My problem is similar but slightly worse. The sound just disappears and does not return. And it disappears when I start talking to the Ground. Even the Windows sounds. I need to restart my computer to have sound again.I know this is not a problem of FS2Crew, it is a Windows problem. But if anyone knows how to fix, I thank you.I tried to follow your advice, Damien, but I use Vista 64bit, and I can not find the option mentioned by you. In Windows 7 it is there, but in Vista I could not find it.By the way, this is my first FS2Crew product. And it is fantastic!!! Even using only the button control option for now, it is wonderful!
Hi,Go to: control panel, change the view to classic view>sound>communications

Hi,Go to: control panel, change the view to classic view>sound>communications
Thank you for your fast reply. I'm at work now, will try when I get home.Thank you very much, Damien.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Damienthanks for the help, but I think my problem is more complex than I thought. I did what you suggested, and guess what: there is the "Communications". I only have 3 tabs appearing in "Sound": Playback Recording and Sounds.In Windows 7 appears a fourth tab, called "Communications." Just like you said up there. But on my Windows Vista Ultimate it does not appear. I've clicked on everything in "Sound", looking for something that might help. But so far found nothing. Like U2, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." :lol:I'll be here looking for a solution, and while using the "Buttons" version." Thank again.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller