An interesting thread over at the PMDG general foum called 757 and 767 in which the possibility of a PMDG 757 is discussed.What struck me is that PMDG said that the 757 is one of their favorite planes, but out of loyalty to LDS they would not pursue it, until they know for sure, that the LDS project is dead.So for consumers, it means is that the lack of communications/updates from LDS has not only served to confuse us about whether or not there will ever be an LDS 757, but it seems that another developer is hamstrung by the situation as well.While I understand that PMDG has made this decision out of their admirable sense of loyalty to a friend, it doesn't seem fair that LDS' lack of communication has apparently stopped another high quality developer from pursuing this project, as well.The reason I'm dissappointed is that we all know that a 757 from LDS or PMDG would be far superior to the current QW or CS offerings.Dan Cole

Dan Cole

Dan,Appreciate the point of view, but, (regarding updates and timelines and plans) as the saying goes, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."There will be a 757 from LDS.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Nice 1 Daryl that's good to hear!Dont supose the 67 will get a facelift at some point as the LDS 67 is still the best out there?

Chris Howard

Hahaha!Fair enough mate!

Chris Howard

With all due respect to LDS, the last aircraft they released was the FSX 767 which is based on 10 year old technology for FS2004. As much as I love the LDS 767 and fly it regularly, LDS as a developer has become irrelevant because they are no longer developing anything. They developed one product. Why are we still having this discussion and why is PMDG waiting on LDS?IF PMDG is willing to make a high fidelity 757 but is holding back out of respect for LDS, then LDS should let them do it out of respect for the FS community. After all, its not about one developer but rather the thousands of potential customers and the continual flow of fresh products that is required to keep this hobby and community afloat. At the end of the day, the "we do this part time" excuse has worn thin. Either make the 757 or don't make the 757.PMDG has been busting their butts churning out airplanes, LDS has produced nothing in a decade. Heck, its actually taken less time for the REAL 787 to be released than it has for LDS to develop a virtual 757! Come on... Its time for LDS to step aside, stop making vaporware promises and let PMDG do what they have to do. Time to move on to a developer that will actually deliver.

With all due respect to LDS, the last aircraft they released was the FSX 767 which is based on 10 year old technology for FS2004. As much as I love the LDS 767 and fly it regularly, LDS as a developer has become irrelevant because they are no longer developing anything. They developed one product. Why are we still having this discussion and why is PMDG waiting on LDS?IF PMDG is willing to make a high fidelity 757 but is holding back out of respect for LDS, then LDS should let them do it out of respect for the FS community. After all, its not about one developer but rather the thousands of potential customers and the continual flow of fresh products that is required to keep this hobby and community afloat. At the end of the day, the "we do this part time" excuse has worn thin. Either make the 757 or don't make the 757.PMDG has been busting their butts churning out airplanes, LDS has produced nothing in a decade. Heck, its actually taken less time for the REAL 787 to be released than it has for LDS to develop a virtual 757! Come on... Its time for LDS to step aside, stop making vaporware promises and let PMDG do what they have to do. Time to move on to a developer that will actually deliver.
hear hear, my sentiments also

Yeah, we are now (for the first time in a long time) hearing its coming--more than once.Now, I know better than to ask about release dates, but based on the fact that LDS is precluding another developer (actually they're precluding themselves, because of their friendship with you) from producing this product. How about some more assurance that " The 757 is coming."Is there still a team? Is anybody at all working on it now? Has there been any progress at all since you posted some screen shots 2 or 3 years ago?Answering questions like these does not tie you to committments or due dates, but would serve to provide some assurance, given the fact that there is someone wating in the wings to produce this product, .I understand your fear that unreasonable folks will be demanding and unreasonable ("Damned if you do, damned if you don't."), but you're in a public business and maybe you should err on the side of the good, loyal customers instead of the cadre of complainers. Frankly, we wouldn't so anxious if we didn't have a ton of respect for the quality of the product your firm produces. If we didn't think you did great work, this thread wouldn't exist.As I said earlier, I want a 757. I need it for my VA. And I only want it from LDS or PMDG. Who's it gonna be?ThanksDan Cole

Dan Cole

There's really no upside to answering any of the questions, Dan, or to engage in the negative comments from some posters. This is a business, but for Level-D it really is a hobby. Development is painfully slow for us, but it appears even slower when compared to full time operations like PMDG.Again... The 757 is coming.DShuttleworth

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

There's really no upside to answering any of the questions, Dan, or to engage in the negative comments from some posters. This is a business, but for Level-D it really is a hobby. Development is painfully slow for us, but it appears even slower when compared to full time operations like PMDG.Again... The 757 is coming.DShuttleworth
Thanks Dave for your statement.Can you please give us an update in which development phase the project is right now? Iam really looking forward to this airplane since it is one of the most beautiful airliners ever build!

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Why do people still expect a credible response from Level D?Is this .... "Again... The 757 is coming." .... supposed to be serious? Is this an Official Statement? Well youve just shot yourselves in the foot.There is a glimmer of truth in the phrase .... "Development is painfully slow for us..." .... so how about telling the whole truth:"We are out of our depth, the team is fragmented and unfocused, and we have no idea when this project will be released".People - stop worrying about whether the Level D 757 will be released and start worrying whether Level Ds inability to be honest with themselves and with us is going to prevent PMDG from building a 757. PMDG is holding off out of friendship and Level D continues to be dishonest - seems like a pretty one-sided friendship to me.I once went out with a girl who tiold me that yes, one day she would let me kiss her, but wouldnt say when. Im a guy, I like to kiss - I didnt wait around but went and found another girl.We have the iFly 737 and the PMDG NGX, there are useable although not inspiring 757s already, the 777 is coming and there is still - looking rather tawdry now after all this grubby scuffling, the (gasp!) Level D 767 - so lets stop with this silliness already!Note to PMDG:You taxied into position, you held, but there is absolutely nothing of any significance or credibility in your way so you are now cleared for takeoff.

Why do you care, northridge?Who appointed you the high-priest of flight simulator development?DShuttleworth

LVLDF1.gif

Sigh.How is "The 757 is coming." not a credible response? A member of Level-D's development team said the 757 is coming. He's said it more than once. In fact, he's said it twice in this very thread. Now, call me an idiot for believing someone when they say something, but.....I believe Daryl when he says the 757 is coming. I don't see why he'd lie about it.Just because they haven't released screenshots doesn't mean the project has been stopped.Just because it's taken so long doesn't mean the project has been stopped.For all we know, the plane is in super-late-beta right now, and will be released tomorrow.And for all we know, it will be the most technologically advanced FS addon that's ever been seen (since they've worked on it for four years), or that will ever be seen. It will forever be the pinnacle of flight simulation technology that no one will ever be able to top. And, because of this, the universe will collapse on itself and everything will cease to exist. So none of us will ever really get a chance to use the plane past engine start.So I guess the joke's on all of us. Way to go, Level-D :D

Savelints8:

Couldnt really understand the tone of your post there: you started out apparently dissing people who doubt Level Ds word (sorry, Mr Shuttleworths word, seeing as statements from anyone else connected to Level D are non-existant), then apparently take a poke at Level D (I sense some sarcasm there, in your last paragraph).

I dont mind people attacking me, particularly if I am wrong, but surely you cant have an issue with my rejection of "Its coming" as being a valid, professional answer.

"Its coming by the end of the year/Its coming but only in 2013/Its coming but we honestly dont know when" are credible answers from a credible developer.

Darryl:

Why do I care? Because I think its a shame that the team that produced the finest sim airliner of its time, one that still stands highly regarded many years later, has decided on a policy of "lack of credible facts" regarding the situation of their new product, which is disrespectful to the FS community and to their own once-highly-held name as developers.

Bets are on:

Released first - PMDG 777 or Level D 757?