Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

first and second flight

hello folks im just wondering a couple of things when flying , in the area that live (indy ) there is not a whole lot of controllers in the area , or in other parts of the united states.when i start a flight there may be a controller and there may not be , so i decided to keep radar contact loaded as a precaution if there is no controller in the area.it worked out pretty good as long as you stay on top of all the info coming in, as i said im new to vatsim and i like it a lot , and it is fast becoming addictive.So i have a question what do you do if you are close to your destination and your controller for whatever reason leaves what do you do.Do you just fly and hope there is no planes on the runway or what ever the reason.what do you do , my first flight determined to me that radar contac must be loaded also to get me down safely when there is no atc , as i said it a little tricky but it can be done.On my second flight i was departing fort lauderdale and there were plenty of ctr in the area , and on the way to my destination alberqurque NM , about 500 miles from my destination my controller signed off and i was without atc , if it was not for Radar contact running it would have been a little tough landing .So what do you good vatsim pilots do....Thanks......Robert

When there is no ATC, you should switch your com1 frequency to 122.80 (Unicom) where you can announce your intentions (via text) to other aircraft in the area and you will also receive advisories from other pilots in the area.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1