Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Vertical Speed values

I have seen on videos that the vertical speed will show values of 750, for example. In the NGX, however, I only see values of 700, 800,etc. Is this a customer option, or is this an error?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I believe it's quite rare for V/S to go up in such small incremental values after flying so many different aircraft, but I know a few do. I can vouch, though, that the 737 can only increment +/-100 FPM at a time.I could be wrong...

I believe it's quite rare for V/S to go up in such small incremental values after flying so many different aircraft, but I know a few do. I can vouch, though, that the 737 can only increment +/-100 FPM at a time.I could be wrong...
That's what I believed also, but, the v/s autopilot mode allows 50 feet increments between 0-1000 feet. And I've seen also that between 0-1000, or around there, that the v/s tape is able to show 50 feet values, such as 850 ft/min, on YouTube videos. I haven't seen this on the Ngx however, except for on the HUD, and, like I said, on the v/s autopilot mode.

Alfredo Terrero

Okay, here's a video to show what I mean. Put it in full screen/hd, and look at 0:38, and you'll see that the v/s tape shows 550 feet/minute.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK_gOrNBALs

Alfredo Terrero

Well since the aircraft is in Vnav couldn't all possible solutions come out?

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Noted for SP2... This is the kind of thing that the plane does but it's not really documented anywhere...
Good to know thanks Ryan.

Alfredo Terrero

Guest dynamania

Noted for SP2... This is the kind of thing that the plane does but it's not really documented anywhere...

Hope that the 50-feet increments won't be missing from the 777 then!