Sign in to follow this  
out

Godzone Wellington scenery for free!

Dang! I paid for that and all the other Godzone NZ scenery :mellow:Couldn't understand why they weren' AES't ... they were quite well done.Beware: Wellington is known as Windy Wellington for good reason ... have yet to see AS 6.5 adequately portray that however.

Thanks for letting us know, Rafal. That's a great looking scenery, and it's very generous of the developers to release it as freeware.

John G.

For those of you who install this excellent Wellington scenery, let me recommend that you also get the Godzone Marlborough scenery. It is one of best inclusive sceneries I have ever seen and is butter smooth to run. The two areas adjoiin each other so the combination is perfect. Marvellous combination for a very realistic low and slow VFR trip or even some low level military flying. (Which I do frequently, using the RAZBAM A4K Skyhawk operating out of Ohakea). Utterly immersive... Also, those who install the Wellington scenery, Godzone has a freeware Paraparumu that adjoins the Wellington scenery.This was my "back yard" as a young man where I learned to fly and I can assure you all that it is very, very realistic...CheersIan

This was my "back yard" as a young man where I learned to fly and I can assure you all that it is very, very realistic...
If you say so, Ian, it is so!

Thanks for the great vote of confidence Rafal. I just wish it was true! LOL But in this case, it is. I also have the Red Baron mesh, landclass and coasts and rivers so I'm not sure how much they influence the Godzone areas, but it so real I have got a little misty-eyed from time to time. Lots of memories...

Good advice Ian. For those who desire utmost reality, and happen to own the PMDG Beechcraft 1900D, take Air New Zealand's (nee Vincent) scheduled, 20 minute, flight to Marlborough. Whilst there imbibe the world-renowned Sauvignon Blanc. :Money Eyes:The Red Baron mesh, to which Ian refrred earlier, transforms the country and even short flights will provide substantial changes of scenery. One is never bored flying over this beautiful jewel. Not bad coming from an Australian, eh Ian? :(

This is pretty cool. I bought this scenery a long time ago, then when my old computer crashed about 2 years ago I lost this scenery because I didn't save the exe file or anything (don't remember if it had a activation code). So this is pretty cool to get this scenery back.

For those of you who install this excellent Wellington scenery, let me recommend that you also get the Godzone Marlborough scenery. It is one of best inclusive sceneries I have ever seen and is butter smooth to run. The two areas adjoiin each other so the combination is perfect. Marvellous combination for a very realistic low and slow VFR trip or even some low level military flying. (Which I do frequently, using the RAZBAM A4K Skyhawk operating out of Ohakea). Utterly immersive... Also, those who install the Wellington scenery, Godzone has a freeware Paraparumu that adjoins the Wellington scenery.This was my "back yard" as a young man where I learned to fly and I can assure you all that it is very, very realistic...CheersIan
Where do you get the scenery you mention in your post?

All the FS2004 scenery will be uploaded here eventually, I just need to find the time. I'll try and fit it in this week.

Beautifully rendered airport -- so much detail. Many thanks to all who made this available. :(

Good advice Ian. For those who desire utmost reality, and happen to own the PMDG Beechcraft 1900D, take Air New Zealand's (nee Vincent) scheduled, 20 minute, flight to Marlborough. Whilst there imbibe the world-renowned Sauvignon Blanc. :Money Eyes:The Red Baron mesh, to which Ian refrred earlier, transforms the country and even short flights will provide substantial changes of scenery. One is never bored flying over this beautiful jewel. Not bad coming from an Australian, eh Ian? :(
I'm amazed mate! You could get yourself deported for comments like that! But don't worry, if you can stand moving from almost perfection to absolute perfection you can become an honorary Kiwi - after all, as an Aussie you're 95% Kiwi anyway! :(
This is pretty cool. I bought this scenery a long time ago, then when my old computer crashed about 2 years ago I lost this scenery because I didn't save the exe file or anything (don't remember if it had a activation code). So this is pretty cool to get this scenery back.Where do you get the scenery you mention in your post?
It is (or was) on the Godzone site as freeware. It sounds like Robin is going to put it all on AVSIM so you should get it either way.
All the FS2004 scenery will be uploaded here eventually, I just need to find the time. I'll try and fit it in this week.
Although I have purchased all your FS9 sceneries, I am still really glad you are doing this as they are so good I hope lots of people will get a chance to enjoy them. Thank you for all the pleasure your work has given me over the years. My only regret is that nobody ever made a good NZAA airport to go with that particular scenery.IMHO, the Marlborough scenery is probably the best scenery package ever released for FS9. It is totally true to life and runs without any problems at all on my fairly average system, even with going "fast and low" in the A4. The combination of detail and smooth FPS is unrivalled.

I'm amazed mate! You could get yourself deported for comments like that! But don't worry, if you can stand moving from almost perfection to absolute perfection you can become an honorary Kiwi - after all, as an Aussie you're 95% Kiwi anyway!
Careful, Ian, or the Wallabies will give the All-Blacks a touch-up - "some day"... :LMAO:Cheers, SLuggy