Sign in to follow this  
Dash8Q4

Business jet.....which one?

Hi guys, i want to add a bj to my collection of jets and would like the advice of everyone on which one to buy??

Ive flown the citationx and emb legacy both from wilco for fs9 long long time ago and was wondering if theres any better ones out there. Thanks in advance.

Alejandro C.

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 and the Flight1 Cessna Mustang are the two I own and can recommend.

Which one is better between the Eaglesoft and the Flight1?

Also are the feelThere regional ERJs of the same quality if only want to buy one?

Guest Mik75

Depends on the size of the real one. The Mustang is a VLJ, and I absolutely love it. The Garmin G1000 is absolutely amazing. The Eaglesoft looks very good too, but with its Honeywell FMC, its a little bit too much airliner like for me... ;-)

Also are the feelThere regional ERJs of the same quality if only want to buy one?

They are too different to really say which is better. The Mustang kind of flies like a little Cessna in that it is very easy to handle, while the Citation is very fast and can fly much higher and farther than the Mustang. The Mustang has a very good G1000 but no VNAV while the Citation has a more "airliner" style cockpit with VNAV capability. The FeelThere ERJ's are good, but the night lighting is not the best. If I could only own one out the bunch, it would probably be the Citation because of its speed and range, but the Mustang will get into smaller fields, and the ERJ can serve as a commercial passenger aircraft.

I personally think the Mustang is a far superior product, especially in terms of VC textures, a feeling of being 3-dimensional, and immersion.

However the F1 Mustang is quite a resource intensive addon, so I'd only recommend it if you have a pretty powerful rig. Both of these planes have great systems coverage and nice flight handling characteristics.

thank you for the advice guys...my rig is in my sig...now im just at 4.8GHZ instead of 4.5 as i was before....i want the bj to do small flights and nothing like the b767 range....ill think about the mustang and check out the specs/features before i decide which one....ive had the citx before but the wilco one and it was good, same with an erj....

The range of the Mustang is limited and its Slooooooow. The G1000, though pretty, functionality is limited (No Vnav advisory modeled). If one wants to to do a cross country flight or a little 200 mi jump , the CJetx is good for both.

Just an FYI. We do have a CJ1+ which covers the "short hop" scenario as well. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Also, both have a 30 day refund policy. Get them both and return the one you don't like.

I bet on day 31 you have 2 jets. :)

Eddie
KABQ

Tough question....

Both the C750 and C510 have excellent aspects about them... If you like to go to tiny strips I'd go for the mustang.. larger longer flights the CX....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There is also a really nice freeware Citation X i found over on another site, which i dont know if i can post the link...54 megs worth and here is the authors name Alejandro Rojas Lucena search that and citation x and you should find it

Personally I prefer the Citation X (Eaglesoft) but it is a VERY different aircraft. Eaglesoft also do the CJ1+ now as well.......

All 3 are available on Flight 1 so if you don't like then you can get a refund within 30 days......

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Just an FYI. We do have a CJ1+ which covers the "short hop" scenario as well. :Nerd:

I would love to see this CJ1+ 2.0 in action in a video, to be able to decide on the texture quality. I did own (and enjoy) V1.0 but before investing in V2.0, would want to see evidence of a good uplift in the texturing of the VC.

But, there is not a single video of this 2.0 version of the CJ1 on YouTube, which always surprised me.

Do you have any videos of it within ES, that you can link to?