Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Photo real from Las Vegas to KLAX

Having seen a demo of FSDreamteam Las Vegas and I can see megascenery do Las Vegas.

Is it possible due to the fact it's mainly barren land to cover the area from Las Vegas to KLAX in photo real.

If so please tell me where to find and what to buy.

Please Note it will be FL 180 -FL240 so I dont want to see where it ends if possible.

Thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Be sure to check out SimSavvy. They offer all 48 USA states. However, you will need to purchase all 48 states. I have done this, and really enjoy having total coverage.

Jim

It is almost possible, but not entriely. Sadly, the MegaScenery Earth tiles do not go all the way to the Las Vegas coverage, so you will see a strip of default textures. Even with that piece of default textures however, I find KLAS-KLAX with MegaScenery SOCAL, Las Vegas and MSEarth tiles between the twoto be one of the most beautiful routes I have. Couple it to FSDT KLAS, FSDT KLAX and the PMDG 737NGX, and you got yourself one of the most visually stunning and realistic flights that I have in my sim.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Mega scenery does make a Las Vegas and surrounding area and then you can by Mega scenery earth for the rest of the area to the west to meet up to LA. You might want to consider buying Mega sceneries Southern California TOO.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Quite possible and fly that route and also to San Diego (KSAN) most of the time. Using:

Megascenery Las Vegas

Megascenery SoCal

FSDT Las Vegas Airport (KLAS)

FSDT Los Angeles (LAX)

San Diego Intl (KSAN) - my own scenery

FS9 Las Vegas Scenery (extra detail - amazing!)

BlueSky Nevada 1.2m for between the MegaSceneries

SimSavvy Nevada free 2m sample as filler

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Because of the size could I have these on another HHD as my SSD with FSX is not big enough?

I know that's not idea but it's a lot of GB's

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Because of the size could I have these on another HHD as my SSD with FSX is not big enough?

I know that's not idea but it's a lot of GB's

I have my photo scenery on a separate drive than FSX and have no issues, as photoscenery isnt like ORBX scenery and dosent require as mush resources . Also you can use a higher LOD radius with it like 8.5 for some really crisp textures.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thanks Josh, your a gem.