Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation CJ1+ 2.0, any one got it?

I did. I bought version 1 way back when it was released and like most, was hoping version 2 would be better. It wasn't.

There was a positive element to my post, if you had read it properly without only looking for the negative.

But at the end of the day, and to answer the OP's question, I can't recommend it.

Hmm, I saw no positive on the fully functional UNS-1 Universal FMS and Navigraph Support along with the totally redone Pro Line 21 Avionics, Chart Viewer or myriad other improvements over the original CJ1.

Only the negatives on VC which we believe is undeserved and frankly the "perfect VC" obsession as so often expressed robs simmers of a realistic simulation experience.

To be frank, we'll be ok if you do not recomend but please try to maintaion a balanced view. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm afraid the world left Eaglesoft behind a long time ago in that respect.

I'm with you here and you're being nice. Imo Es planes look very nice.But then you sit there in the Vc and start wondering "why ? I mean why ?"

I hope if/when they release a new plane they'll improve their VCs.

I'm with you here and you're being nice. Imo Es planes look very nice.But then you sit there in the Vc and start wondering "why ? I mean why ?"

I hope if/when they release a new plane they'll improve their VCs.

Well, you heard it from the horses mouth -

.... frankly the "perfect VC" obsession as so often expressed robs simmers of a realistic simulation experience.

- so I wouldn't bank on it. Besides which I think the key member of the design team is working on other projects now for other developers.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Frame rates in the citation x 2.0 are aweful

Seriously?

I think you are either mistaken or simply trying to start an argument.... :huh:

Add me to the list who gets great performance with the CX 2.0

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well, you heard it from the horses mouth -

- so I wouldn't bank on it. Besides which I think the key member of the design team is working on other projects now for other developers.

Which part of the horse are you listening too?

Members have always had the liberty of working for others as well. What's the point?

We've never understood the need for users to hammer vendors and their products? Happy Easter Gents. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We've never understood the need for users to hammer vendors and their products? Happy Easter Gents. :Nerd:

Ron you trot out that same line in every single thread every time someone comes out and says they bought an Eaglesoft product but didn't like it. It's always a conspiracy isn't it! The customer couldn't possible have a valid point they must be part of the anti Eaglesoft group which you seem convinced lurk in these forums just waiting to pounce!

The person who started the thread asked if anyone had the product and what ther opinions were and as with every other add-on created in the history of Flight Sim by every other vendor, some people said they liked it, some said they didn't. Get over it!

Happy Easter! I'm off to the in-laws for Beer and Chocolate! :drinks:

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Frame rates in the citation x 2.0 are aweful

I've had bad experiences in the past.... but lately it seems fine

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ron you trot out that same line in every single thread every time someone comes out and says they bought an Eaglesoft product but didn't like it. It's always a conspiracy isn't it! The customer couldn't possible have a valid point they must be part of the anti Eaglesoft group which you seem convinced lurk in these forums just waiting to pounce!

The person who started the thread asked if anyone had the product and what ther opinions were and as with every other add-on created in the history of Flight Sim by every other vendor, some people said they liked it, some said they didn't. Get over it!

Happy Easter! I'm off to the in-laws for Beer and Chocolate! :drinks:

Naw, just an observation that some seem to enjoy emphasizing the negatives of Vendor ABC or their products a bit too much. I had thought that some of that would have subsided these days but it must be Eaglesofts turn this month. Don't worry folks, it will be Vendor DEF's turn soon. :Nerd:

Again, Happy Easter gents.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

my two pennies....

I realize I can't say anything to change the minds of naysayers.... but since I own the CJ1+ , the CX v2, the Citation II, the Hawker...etc I am entitled to state my opinion.

I enjoy flying complex business jets and Eaglesoft fulfills that niche. They allow one to fly any of their aircraft for 30 days at no risk. Other than Flight 1 (who sells a fantastic C510 Mustang :Nerd: ) I do not know of any other 3PD who allows this.

To the OP - I highly recommend the CJ1+ and it is the most flown aircraft in my hangar. I have no issues with frame rates in any ESDG aircraft.

To the posters who feel the ESDG Citation 750 did not satisfy their expectations, I ask... did you return the purchase for refund? If you did then maybe you can use that money to buy the CX from Wilco. Just be careful because if you don't like theirs - your money is gone :Sick:

Thanks Eaglesoft for producing some excellent products. I look forward to your next release and maybe someday the XLS :Whistle:

Happy Easter to all...

WAT1460.png

my two pennies....

I realize I can't say anything to change the minds of naysayers.... but since I own the CJ1+ , the CX v2, the Citation II, the Hawker...etc I am entitled to state my opinion.

I enjoy flying complex business jets and Eaglesoft fulfills that niche. They allow one to fly any of their aircraft for 30 days at no risk. Other than Flight 1 (who sells a fantastic C510 Mustang :Nerd: ) I do not know of any other 3PD who allows this.

To the OP - I highly recommend the CJ1+ and it is the most flown aircraft in my hangar. I have no issues with frame rates in any ESDG aircraft.

To the posters who feel the ESDG Citation 750 did not satisfy their expectations, I ask... did you return the purchase for refund? If you did then maybe you can use that money to buy the CX from Wilco. Just be careful because if you don't like theirs - your money is gone :Sick:

Thanks Eaglesoft for producing some excellent products. I look forward to your next release and maybe someday the XLS :Whistle:

Happy Easter to all...

Our thanks V. Carlo. Your post restores our faith in simmers who appreciate our efforts and our products.

The sim community would do well to appreciate other vendors efforts and products as well.

We thought that some folks would have grown weary by now of hammering Flight, FS9, FSX, Commercial Vendors and their products, Freeware Vendors and their products, etc. but alas we've not reached that point just yet. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hay thanks guys for all your replys and Ron thank you for yours but just to make it clear I do have the Citation X 2.0 and I thank its a great airplane with great frames,

I will do the try and fly thing and report back or this topic and tell you guys how I like it.

Ron be looking for a PM from me

Thanks again everyone and Happy Easter

Lar

For what it's worth, I think it's a great plane. The proline sold it for me. If you like biz jets and you like systems then I think you'll enjoy the cj 1+ 2.0

Lee

Its funny, I bought the ES Citation X 2.0 because I was having awful framerate

problems with the Wilco. The Eaglesoft is hands down the best biz jet I own, its

as framerate friendly as anything of its complexity. I own the older jets as well,

and while they may show their age a bit they still a pleasure to fly!

Cheers all,

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

I just bought the Citation X 2.0 a week ago and have really loved learning the systems. Just finished my first full flight today and not one hiccup. Got 20+ FPS at McCarren and Oakland with AI turned way up. Solid product and nice value.