Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation CJ1+ 2.0, any one got it?

Our thanks to all including LeeL, JFV, and Tremaine for appreciating our efforts and enjoying our products. Glad to hear you are enjoying the experiences guys!

Happy Easter gentlemen. :Peace:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I bought the Citation X 2.0 and the frame rates were fine; but I did return it under the 30 day Flight 1 guarantee, because the VC textures were not acceptable for my own personal standards, for a contempory add-on, at the given price point.

Indeed, the poor VC texturing may be the reason the frames were good, but they certainly were good. :smile:

But Ron, respectfully, I don't think you can dismiss the feedback on the VC as being down to a "perfect VC" obsession. There are many contemporary addons with VCs that I find acceptable; some, like the NGX are stunning, but others, (like for example the MilViz 310R) aren't the absolute best, but are still within what I would see as an acceptable standard for current times, and the price point.

But I have to agree with the common feedback that does come up when your products are being discussed, which is that the VC texturing is below par. It could be good to finally accept this feedback, and drive up the standard of future Eaglesoft VC texturing.

There are of course, many contrasting redeeming and positive features with ES products, such as excellent systems coverage, and divine flight handling characteristics. :smile:

Stick, we stand by our view that folks do indeed obsess over VC quality with FS addons.

While we know this to be the case we we do listen, so we've been in contact with a few modelers who are capable of producing fine VCs and we'll continue the search going forward.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Customers obsess over quality products and high customer service. Not just with FS addons. And why shouldn't they? You are asking them to part with what is usually hard earned money that also serves to support their livelihood. That, in my opinion, gives them the right the seek out these things... And to state it as such when one of their peers asks specifically for an opinion on it. That's free enterprise at work.

- Aaron

I find that impossible to believe. The Citation X 2.0 takes advantage of threading to reduce the frame rate impact significantly. The only way it can have 'aweful' frame rates is if there's something wrong with your system or your system doesn't do threading worth beans.

True. I flew the CX 2.0 on a q6600 with no problems. It's a very nice plane that does what it needs to do.

K

I love the CJ1. I got it for FSX because I wanted something that was fast but could get into smaller airports and I wanted V1 because I didn't want to take a lot of time programming the FMC since my FS time is limited. I have it for FS9 also. Now, I'm so familiar with this A/C I'd probably get V2 if it wasn't for the fact that I have two already.

Customers obsess over quality products and high customer service........

Why shouldn't they indeed. When I purchase an item I use the same measures as most other consumers to determine value vs cost.

The difference is I do not feel obligated to run to the nearest public market place or forums to state my preferences to all who will listen.

Opinions differ. You state yours, we state ours, and world continues to turn.

Happy Easter. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why shouldn't they indeed. When I purchase an item I use the same measures as most other consumers to determine value vs cost.

The difference is I do not feel obligated to run to the nearest public market place or forums to state my preferences to all who will listen.

Opinions differ. You state yours, we state ours, and world continues to turn.

Happy Easter. B)

Folks here do not appear to be "running to the nearest public market" to shout from the rooftops. The OP asked for opinions. As a public forum dealing in these very matters people responded and gave their opinion, both positive and negative. It seems that you tend to sport a bit of a thin skin and are only receptive to the positive. So be it, but it certainly does not push you to build a better product. That kind of approach can only hold you back, and in a sense, it sounds like it already is.

Opinions do differ, and we are all entitled to them, but a customers should carry a bit more weight. They are the ones with the money.

- Aaron

but a customers should carry a bit more weight. They are the ones with the money.

Of course it's the customers right to spend on whatever they please but the question of how much weight they actually carry is one for each customer to determine.

How many times have you read statements like "if it doesn't have a proper vc it won't be on my hardrive" or "ABC projects VC outshines DEF projects VC" and on and on about VCs without one mention of various other positives about both products?

Our opinion remains unchanged just as yours remains unchanged. Further restatements of opinion aren't likely to change either party. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Stick, we stand by our view that folks do indeed obsess over VC quality with FS addons.

While we know this to be the case we we do listen, so we've been in contact with a few modelers who are capable of producing fine VCs and we'll continue the search going forward.

Sounds good. Exciting to hear. B)

.........How many times have you read statements like "if it doesn't have a proper vc it won't be on my hardrive" or "ABC projects VC outshines DEF projects VC" and on and on about VCs without one mention of various other positives.......

Does that not therefore just affirm that the VC is of prime importance to the majority of customers, so should be high on the dev's list of priorities? .......... But just saying - I acknowledge what you've said above that ES are looking for talent in this area, which is again, great to hear. :smile:

Sounds good. Exciting to hear. B)

Does that not therefore just affirm that the VC is of prime importance to the majority of customers, so should be high on the dev's list of priorities? .......... But just saying - I acknowledge what you've said above that ES are looking for talent in this area, which is again, great to hear. :smile:

Stick, it may for those who frequent Avsim or Flightsim or other public FS Forums but it does not speak to the large numbers of the simming public who never frequent these forums. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I myself cannot reply as to the flying of the CJ1+20 as when I bought it last Saturday I did not realize that I was buying a Kit Airplane. I downloaded it as per the instruction and when I opened it up I only have a pilot and co pilot seat and two wings fasteners. That is it. I am still trying to find the rest of the plane. I have tried to get onto ES forums but for some reason, I have to be approved by the administrators and have not heard anything for 4 days. Guess I have to wait until my 30 days are up and then they will let me on, but, of course then, my 30 day free trial has ended and they get to keep my $44.96.

Why not simply state your problem without the snarky remarks? You can plainly see that folks from Eaglesoft are active here at AVSIM, so being a bit more polite would really go a long ways towards resolving whatever problems you are having.

If you are not seeing the entire virtual cockpit then most likely the installation has failed due to User permissions. As a first step I'd suggest reinstalling from the F1 Wrapper by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator." This should allow the installer to do its job despite any Windows Permission issues.

As for having to be manually approved for the forums, you have all the spambots to thank for that. When registration was automatic, it was not at all unusual to have up to 500 bogus registrations per day... :Hypnotized:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Further to Bills point here is what we need from newly registered users.:

ALL new registrations will be manually activated by support adminstrator therefore a username must be included in all emails regarding activation.

It may take a follow up email reminder and a username must be included in all emails regarding activation!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I have several ES products and have been satisfied with all. I only suffer from the rare, but real, Windows 7 bug that causes the aircraft to stop flying and "float" in midair but only for FS9. It's not the ES product as I have some freeware aircraft do the same thing. I've since purchased the FSX versions and have had no problems.

I've used the 30 day refund and have had to send an extra email for the forum activation. Both were satisfied quickly and to complete satisfaction.

I think the price points and quality are very good and will continue to support them.