Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

PA A318/A319 Special Edition

Excuse me, it was just humor.....No malice in my words ....and it's hard to me to speak and understand english. I am just a little frog-eater of french :smile: .

Allez Francois, relax. I too was giving you a slight back-hander. No offence was taken. The main point is, that you have given us all a superlative set of three A3xx Airbuses to have some fun with, and for that we are all grateful. French, Danish, Espanola, Bulgarian....et al makes no difference. Your skills have to be recognised.im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Hello,

A user report to me some problems to manual startup engines (not with CTRL +E).

Have you some issue with manual startup ?

Hello,

A user report to me some problems to manual startup engines (not with CTRL +E).

Have you some issue with manual startup ?

I haven't had had problems. I'm one of the people who's allergic to CTRL + E anyway.

Thanks for feedback.

I am working on the A321 version and I add to it a new gauge for a realistic fuel and tank management. today, the fuel is burned before in wings and in final with center tank. In a real aircraft, fuel is burned before in center tank with a reserve before toggle to wings tanks.

I write a gauge for this function, with valves and pumps functional ( with real sheme on the fuel page of Ecam) and also the real crossfeed function if an engine is failed.

when i will finished this A321 and this gauge, I will update the A318/A319/A320 with this new feature and also for resolved some minors bugs.

Francois

Want to thank Francois and Stefan for such a superb job on this. Found the manual and read cover to cover. The baby bus is so fun to fly-by-wire or hand fly.

Question... hope I word it correctly. Are the controls (particularly the EFIS), coded to take advantage for those of use who have hardware? I have a GoFlight EFIS unit and while flying the "baby buses" I can see switch assignment through FSUIPC.

thx for wonderful contribution to the hobby!

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Francois,

I really am enjoying this. VNAV seems to work fine for me however as I usually like to engage in filght - above 2500' - I am still not clear whether I just need to set the TARGET Alt, AS, HDG/NAV and then press VNAV -or - if you need ALSO to engage the master AP button. Read the manual and the instructions engage the main AP button when engaging VNAV BEFORE takeoff, but do NOT engage the AP if you engage VNAV above 2500'? Is this correct? In any event it worked the two times I used it (I did not ever press the AP button) and it got me all the way to 41,000 in my A319CJ fully loaded with a very pleasing vertical flight profile - importantly - without encountering overspeed or stall situations. :good:

Question re ILS:

I set this up three different times by the book. The PFD indicated "G/S" and CatIII ILS and I heard the ILS frequency AND remembered not to have the GPS switched on BUT the plane captured each time only the localiser but never the Glide Slope. I think I was only engaging the Approach button when inside the ILS green arrow but on the final attempt I had both the ILS button and Approach buttons on. It seemed like the problem was it was not releasing the ALT hold mode as it continued to fly at the target 2,500' though when I manually disengaged this on short final it still never captured and rode the g/s down to the runway and just over flew the runway at 2,500' each time. Was it possibly because I had engaged the ALT hold on final at 2,500' and it should only be "target set" but not actually engaged? I don't see why this should be the issue as on airport approach I had earlier exited VNAV and was flying normal AP procedures. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks again for sharing your terrific work.

Francois,

I really am enjoying this. VNAV seems to work fine for me however as I usually like to engage in filght - above 2500' - I am still not clear whether I just need to set the TARGET Alt, AS, HDG/NAV and then press VNAV -or - if you need ALSO to engage the master AP button. Read the manual and the instructions engage the main AP button when engaging VNAV BEFORE takeoff, but do NOT engage the AP if you engage VNAV above 2500'? Is this correct? In any event it worked the two times I used it (I did not ever press the AP button) and it got me all the way to 41,000 in my A319CJ fully loaded with a very pleasing vertical flight profile - importantly - without encountering overspeed or stall situations. :good:

Question re ILS:

I set this up three different times by the book. The PFD indicated "G/S" and CatIII ILS and I heard the ILS frequency AND remembered not to have the GPS switched on BUT the plane captured each time only the localiser but never the Glide Slope. I think I was only engaging the Approach button when inside the ILS green arrow but on the final attempt I had both the ILS button and Approach buttons on. It seemed like the problem was it was not releasing the ALT hold mode as it continued to fly at the target 2,500' though when I manually disengaged this on short final it still never captured and rode the g/s down to the runway and just over flew the runway at 2,500' each time. Was it possibly because I had engaged the ALT hold on final at 2,500' and it should only be "target set" but not actually engaged? I don't see why this should be the issue as on airport approach I had earlier exited VNAV and was flying normal AP procedures. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks again for sharing your terrific work.

Hi,

For the VNAV : 2 cases:

CASE 1 : You are on ground before take off ; You must only :*

• Set the runway HDG, but don't engage HDG mode
  • Set youor target altitude, but don't engage the "ALT" mode
  • Press the A/THR button to arm auto-throttle

At this momoent, you must have only the A/THR information on the PFD screen

Don't touch AP button !

Press the VNAV button only :

You must see on PFD Screen THR CLB | CLB | HDG on the first line and ALT on the second line, all in Cyan color, and you must see on the display of the AP the speed set to 250 KIAS.*

Your VNAV is now Armed and ready to go. The AP, HDG,ALT and SPD button must not engaged. This is the VNAV gauge that will engage the AP and HDG,ALT and SPD mode, automatically just after the aircraft will take off.The information on the PFD screen will be turn to green color at this moment.

You can take off, either in TOGA mode, or by manual control of the throttle levers

CASE 2 : You are flying in the air, at an altitude greater than 2500ft above ground level ;

before engage VNAV , yoour aircraft must be :

• Under the control of the AP; that's mean that the AP must be engage in ALT, SPD mode and GPS or NAV mode.

Before press VNAV button, you must see on the PFD screen the following indication : SPEED or MACH | ALT | NAV or HDG | all in green color !

At this moment, you must only select your next flight level or the target altitude to climb, and presse VNVA button.

VNAV button cannot be pressed between take off and 2500 ft above the ground level. When pressing , either you are on the ground before take off, or your are in fly above 2500 ft AGL.

VNAV is only for climb, not descent

I hope that I has been clear.

For your ILS landing or Autoland ILS, you must toggle GPS button in NAV mode, set your ILS frequency in the NAV1 radio and call Nav1, and drive your aircraft at 20/25 Nm near tha axis of your runway with your aircraft should be approximately 2700 feet above the runway elevation. In FSX, the G/S point is always near 2700ft above runway elevation. Your ND'MFD) screen must be in ILS mode.

Before, you must intercept the LOC, by pressing ILS, HDG and LOC buttons, the 3 must be illuminate. When the aircraft capture the glide signal, the HDG light turn off. Only the LOC button must be lighting

You must monitoring the on the right of the ND screen the magenta diamond. It is normally at the top. When you see this magenata diamond begin to descend, it mean that you have intercpt the slope, you must press Aprroach button, before the magenta diamond pass the center of the scale.

search on the net, there are doozen of tutorials on ILS landing, and my series of aircraft work like all the aircrafts for this point.

Escuse me for my bad english.

Francois

Hello ladies & gentlemen,

You know that I am working on the A321 version, with new features. I would like to present to you an overview of these new features (they are not finished at this time but I work hard !

Hydraulic function are activate (buttons, pumps and circuits)

555877hydeng1et2.jpg

New Fuel system gauge which manage tanks & fuel circuits like the real aircraft:

Engines are feed by center tanks in first until a reserve and toggle automatically to wings tanks

Fuel Page, at departure : Cyan color indicate isolate tanks, green color show tank in use

472320fueldeparture.jpg

Fuel page after centers tanks arrived in reserve :

521558fuelwingsandreserve.jpg

when wings tanks are empty, by open the crossfeed valve, you can use center tanks reserve

If an engine is failed, toggle starter pump to isolate engine

124007Pannemoteur1.jpg

but, the engine right feed fuel only to the right wings. Level between left et right tanks will unbalance

By open the crossfeed valve (CTR), right engine feed feul from the two wings.

764119Pannemoteur2crossfeed.jpg

By cut off the right fuel pump, with the crossfeed open, right engine feed fuel from left wing for rebalance the two wings level

670662Pannemoteur3crossfeedequilibre.jpg

All configuration of pumps, valves, tanks is possible.

Now, I am working on BLEED system for real engines start procedure, and pressurization and DE-icing wings

See the new BLEED page of ECAM2, with engine start procedure

1 Avionics on line

148234Image2.jpg

2 Start 'APU . APU BLEED is pressure before APU Valve

986801Image3.jpg

3 - Turn the overhead Knob selector on APU Source : APU circuit is under pressure

751652Image4.jpg

4 - Press APU feed button, Pressure go to left engine for start (Crossfeed valve isolate right engine)

901426Image5.jpg

5- You can now start left engine - IP Pressure increase

434114Image6.jpg

6 - Set the knob selector on "ENGS" position - That's open the crossfeed valve to send pressure to right engine

240059Image7.jpg

You can now start the right engine

7 - Right engine is started - all circuit is under pressure

469714Image8.jpg

8 - Set the knob selector on "shut" or "auto" position to closed the crossfeed valve. YOu can cut off APU. Circuit is feeded by engines.

664813Image9.jpg

What do you think about this job ?

Francois, trez bien, mon amis. Looks superb. You have indeed put a great deal of thought and work into this. Top marks to you.im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Thank you very much.

But I have a big problem. Since yesterday, it seams that my beta versions of my aircraft don't work for some people. There are 6 guys on a french forum who help me to test the new features every days and with the last version, half of persons have the lower ECAM which doesn't work; I have in my home, 2 computers and this version works on these 2 computers; so It is very difficult for me to understand where is the problem.

So, I need some beta tester, for report to me if the aircraft (secondary ECAM) works on their computer.

You can download the beta of the aircraft here : https://rapidshare.com/files/3460494282/PA321FD_beta_2.3.zip

You must have FSX + SP2 or Acceleration pack

Please tell me if it work or not and tell me your windows version, ATI or NVIDIA, FSX SP2 or FSX acceleration.

I cannot find the problem because it work on my computer.

Thank you very much for your help

François

Just downloading that Beta, Will do as requested.

Okay, Francois.

Just tested. Lower EICAS, all works fine as you can see.

Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit/FSX_Acceleration Pack(SP1+SP2 included/EVGA Nvidia GTX460SE 1Gb

Hi VC10Man, thank you very much for your feedback.

You can display the BLEED page ?