Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Prepar3d and hardware

hi all

does anyone know if goflight MCP and EFIS and Saitek / logitech hardware will work with Prepar3d?

thanks

Clayton

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I emailed this question to Go Flight this week. They are working on software to make their units work in P3D and will release it when ready.

Den

hi all

does anyone know if goflight MCP and EFIS and Saitek / logitech hardware will work with Prepar3d?

thanks

Clayton

GoFlight works fine... just copy the entry from the FSX exe.xml to P3D

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

GoFlight works fine... just copy the entry from the FSX exe.xml to P3D

I am having trouble with this. I cannot locate the P3D exe.xml file on my system, despite doing a search for *.xml.

There is certainly nothing in the expected place- C:\Users\DenApData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d, or in Program Data.

I am obviously missing something (apart from brain cells that is) but can someone tell me what!

Thanks

Den

Hi,

If the exe.xml file does not exist, manually create one in the Prepar3D folder and copy everything (from the FSX "exe.xml") that is required into that file. You can also copy FSX's exe.xml file into Prepar3D's folder, just remove the entries that are not required in P3D.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks for that Mike. I now have then all working.

Just installed Squawkbox today and that works on Vatsim and voice comms. The XPDR doesn't seem to work yet though.

I'd much prefer FSINN but, from my reading, that currently cannnot be made to work.

Den

I have the Saitek Pro-flight instrument panel and the radio panel working, just had to put entries in the exe.xml.

I can't get my saitek throtle to work, to be honest this is my first setup so i might do something wrong. Also on start with P3d plane start roling and drifting on the runway...

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I have a fresh copy ov P3D V2 and the EXE.XML file is not where it was supposed to be.
Only DLL.XML is there, but it's not suitable to launch executables.

I did try to place a copy of my EXE.XML taken from my FSX gemini directory, but with no result at all.

I've double-checked the content and syntax in my EXE.XML and everything looks good, but just P3D is not calling to read such file.

I guess that the only way do make P3D to call the EXE.XML file is to allow it to create the file by itself (then to be edited to include calls to Saitek panels), but I have no idea how to do that.

I may guess that SimConnect and/or FSUIPC (I've got the licensed v4.9 installed) may have any ivolvement to create the EXE.XML, but I'm just guessing. And anyway I'm still missing such file.

Does anybody soved a similar problem?
So far, trying to follow other suggestions, I didn't have any positive result.

Thanks for helping.