Sign in to follow this  
NATH

The future of PMDG... whats next?

I am currently flying the 747-400x , the MD-11x and the 737NGX with PMDG... and I am absolutely loving them :) But I cant help feeling sorry for poor Airbus amongst these popular airliners . The FSX addon industry has yet to produce an high fidelity addon for the largest and possibly the most advanced commercial airliner in the world ... The A380 Airbus. So im putting this thought out there to the best in the business and to any customers of PMDG. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that you should have looked a bit further down on the forum page, where there is already an A380 thread, as indeed there is pretty much every so often on this forum. Might want to take a look at that thread.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I agree with Diego. Working with Airbus could cut the rope that Boeing has with PMDG.

I won't pay for an A380. If FSLabs can develop their A320 (and the A330/340 if they do it) to PMDG-like standards, then I'd pay for it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Pity it wont be coming from pmDg, i would buy an A380 if it is well made, got a full tour once, an absolute marvel, find it more appealing than the 747, but it wont stop me buying the 747v2, of course!

I agree with Diego. Working with Airbus could cut the rope that Boeing has with PMDG.

I won't pay for an A380. If FSLabs can develop their A320 (and the A330/340 if they do it) to PMDG-like standards, then I'd pay for it.

There are plenty of companies that make actual aircraft parts that work with both Boeing and Airbus (Thales, Honeywell, Spirit Aerosystems, the list goes on). I rather doubt PMDG making an Airbus would do any damage to their relationship with Boeing.

We're not doing an A380 - ugliest plane in the sky if you ask me personally.

Maybe so, but FS lacks a PMDG-quality A380, or any Airbus really. I think Robert would find that a PMDG A380 for FSX would sell like hotcakes and probably out-sell anything they've sold to-date.

Why are people always saying that PMDG is bound to Boeing? They may have a good relation with Boeing but that doesn't stop them from making an another aircraft like Airbus...

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

true true true true

regards,

Alexander Marx

FSLabs is doing the Airbuses. They're doing the 330 and 340 after the 319 320 and 321 series (shame there's no A318 planned...), we can only expect they'll pick up the A380 after all that has been done (say 2 more years maybe?). Until then i just don't see anyone picking up the task...

I personally don't like the A380 that much, i much rather fly an A330 or A340, with the A340-600 being my favourite. I fly the A380 Wilco panel into a PA380 model and if it doesn't behave the way it should, i do feel the A/C is heavy and it's a joy to fly - Responsive and smooth flying, but it's still not on my wishlist for now...

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Beauty is only skin deep.

It's also subjective. Some say the Osprey is ugly, I think it looks awesome.