Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

I just dont get it

I am sure I read somewhere that this was tested by real king air pilots. I have 3 conclusions:

1) the real pilots caught a bunch of bugs, submitted them, then caranedo ignored them.

2) there was no testing by real pilots

3) the pilots that did test them just started flying the king air yesterday

I bought this. Loaded it up and within a minute caught a few easy to spot bugs. 1 being the the bleed valves dont do anything. I was climbing and decided to close the bleed valves and the cabin kept pressurizing. Things like this should be caught on the very first day of beta testing. Sorry for my rant. I just think it is irresponsible to announce that it was tested by real king air pilots and bugs like this pop up. Its very misleading to the customer.

If you just report the bug and skip the 'rant', it will sound less like a hissy-fit Big%20Grin.gif

And so what were the other bugs apart from the bleed valves that you picked up?

I will test it thoroughly tomorrow and post all the bugs. Not sure what you are getting so uptight about, I am just looking after the consumers best interest......YOU! I just get tired of hearing the "tested by real pilots" line. Its lost its credibility and is very misleading to the consumer.

I don't know that they're really bugs as much as they're things Carenado intentionally didn't model. It seems to be something typical of Carenado aircraft. I must say, it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the sim, and I absolutely love their aircraft. I do, however, see why it would be frustrating to some.

I believe them when they say that they had actual Kingair pilots fly the model to test it. I've had many real world professional pilots fly my sim. My dad flew in the Air Force for over 20 years, and then for a major airline. He has 'logged' quite a few hours in FSX as my IP, flying instrument approaches with me, and teaching me propper technique. He LOVES to bring his friends over and show it off to them. They all marvel at how much more realistic FSX is than anything they ever trained on in the Air Force. None of them has ever seemed to notice the little issues regarding aircraft systems, they're too busy flying the airplanes. To them, details of aircraft systems are minor annoyances they must deal with in order to accomplish their objective of flight. To simmers, it seems aircraft systems are practically the objective. Many these forums would give their firstborn for the opportunity to fly a 737NG, most real world pilots I know despise the experience. These guys are all used to fly fighters, and are now experienced captains on a pleothora of the heavies.

I guess my point is that real pilots seem to look at any of the same aspects of simming that we simulator hobbyists do.

I will test it thoroughly tomorrow and post all the bugs. Not sure what you are getting so uptight about, I am just looking after the consumers best interest......YOU! I just get tired of hearing the "tested by real pilots" line. Its lost its credibility and is very misleading to the consumer.

I think the only person getting up tight around here is you. You've essentially accused Carenado of lying, which will undoubtedly cause tempers to get a bit short. Before you launch your crusade in the name of, well, everybody, slow your roll and perhaps through the community and reporting bugs to Carenado, we can get a bit of a resolution.

Edited by ramrunner800

I just get tired of hearing the "tested by real pilots" line. Its lost its credibility and is very misleading to the consumer.

In August 2011, there was plane so 'thoroughly tested' that even wonky NDB needles, wrong landing attitudes or very funny working altitude bugs got out as '1.0'. Turns out that if humans are working on things, they tend to go blind on some items or forget about others and no advertising sentence can help them.

Not something to be upset about. That August 2011 thingy got fixed later, thanks to the folks working on the bugs and thanks to those reporting stuff. So I guess this new release may go the same way, maturing at the customer's end, sort of. Good reports help fur sure. :smile:

I think that tested by real folks sentence is the most used advertising phrase in that little business by the way. Stressing the word advertising and referring to all devs.

Guest bstolle

1 being the the bleed valves dont do anything. I was climbing and decided to close the bleed valves and the cabin kept pressurizing.

I just think it is irresponsible to announce that it was tested by real king air pilots and bugs like this pop up. Its very misleading to the customer.

It's the choice of the designer to make a 'systems simulation' add-on with a low frame rate or a 'flight simulation' add-on with a high frame rate.

I for my part prefer a smooth 'flight' simulation a lot over a systems simulation...

Not that it is really either or as planes like the Katana or A2As prove. Even the NGX is not that framerate heavy. It's kind of a lame excuse. But I have to admit that the C90 look tempting.

How does the turbine Duke handle this?

EDIT: Moved

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

the only developer where you get to pay to be a beta tester..!!

geeshhhh the elementary GNS400 is not even working properly.. have you switch within pages... yes the little sqaure move and nothing else. there are 3 nav pages though the Nav group only indicate 2.. you need to click "mistery" clickspot to get the MAP view..

and I am not even going to start on the clickspots that is OFF centered where they should be...!!

The avidene is so overexposed you can hardly see the terrain. geesh it take not even 4 lines of code to correct the model overexposure..

Officially I am done with carenado.. this is my last carenado purchase... there are why better ways to spend my money.. Enjoy your plane if you bought it.., but I am done fixing these things from plane to plane from one release to another.... absolutely pathetic..

tested by real pilots, my &@($*..!!

Still just a bloody bunch of good looking flying textures..!! with some sort of decent Flight model, but that is it.!

How does the turbine Duke handle this?

Like you can expect from RealAir: All Systems are working as they should - with great frame rate.

Not simulating bleed-air valves is a poor standard for a $40-addon, but it is the typical Carnendo development talent.

"All what we got here's American made It's a little bit cheesey, But it's nicely displayed .." (Frank Zappa- Flakes)

Thought as much. Can't really understand why Carenado is going overboard with the pricing. They are pretty much on par now with the Turbine Duke. And the wonderful J41 is even cheaper :-) Yet they don't deliver similar quality. Sorry but I'm not buying this time.

the only developer where you get to pay to be a beta tester..!!

I know of at least one other. And there you can even pay to be an alpha-tester... :Thinking:

Carenado never was a "systems simulation" and never will be. With that on mind I liked the King Air (as I liked the later Carenado releases). It's a bit pricey, but I think it's fair for the great work in the looks, sounds and now the flight dynamics (wich I can only guess, but it feels ok to me).

Mauricio Brentano

It might not be a systems plane but charge accordingly then. Besides the pressurization is what makes a king air a king air. Otherwise it would be a beech 99. This should be simulated. Thats like not simulating the gear to come up and down.. There is no excuse for charging 40 bux and not simulating what SHOULD be simulated. Other products out there are only 2 times the price and offer 7-10 times the amount of systems simulation as the carenado. It should be stated EXACTLY what is simulated and what in NOT simulated before you buy it. Just like the nutrition value on food. I am getting tired of these let downs from certain devs. One of my friends that just got on a king air was looking forward to this release but after my review he will be disappointed.

I really love the 185 and how it flies. However, after reading comments, I will pass on the King Air. King Air is a complex plane and part of the simulation is to model its systems properly. $40 seems a bit steep. I was excited to hear of the c-90 but after reading this post, what a big let down.