Sign in to follow this  
maverick_tg

FPS_Limiter_0_2

Hi Guys !

FPS_Limiter_0_2 works only on one of my two hdds.

Here's my System : C2DE8600@4,4GHz, nVidia GTX 285, Asus P5Q Deluxe Mainboard, Win XP SP 3

FSX is twice installed on two hdds.

On the first hdd FPS_Limiter_0_2 works well and pretty good (locked 25 FPS).

On the second hdd it will not work : the frames don't get locked at all and the system (hardware and software incl. drivers) is completeley the same !!!

Has anybody an idea to activate FPS_Limiter_0_2 ? (At the opening-screen it seems to work: "FPS:25", but while flying it doesn't work.

I tried a new reinstall after formating but it is always the same.

I tried Nvidia inspector with fps-limiter: no success !

D3Antilag is nothing for me (doesn't works well).

With the FSX-Internal-Limiter I loose min. 5 FPS vs. FPS_Limiter_0_2 !

Thank you for your answers ...

Greetings

Maverick_TG

Have you tried using the driver-based FPS limiter through NVIDIA Inspector instead? You need a driver later than 290.36 IIRC. (295.73 is the current certified and 301.24 a worthwhile beta to try due to advances in VSync)

This is much easier to use and doesn't involve messing around with scripts and java etc.

Hello !

Yes I tried Nvidia Inspector and the limiter.

But i am not really sure what to enter:

"25 FPS" or just "25" or another option ?

I would like to have fixed 25 FPS.

No success.

But i am not really sure what to enter:

"25 FPS" or just "25" or another option ?

I would like to have fixed 25 FPS.

From the Inspector, the frame rate limiter is a drop-down menu with fixed options as per the screen-shot below.

To use it, navigate to the MS Flight Simulator X Profile in the "Profiles" box at the top left, select the required value from the Frame Rate limiter drop-down section of the tool and click the "apply changes" button at the top right.

fpslimiterispy2nd.png

For a more detailed guide on using the Inspector tool with FSX, check out NickNs guide here.

I, for one, do not have a "frame rate limiter" line in Inspector! Neither in the "Common" section, or at the bottom like your example shows. 1.9.5.11

Running a mobile card, 560m, could that be the problem?

Trying to set a limit on the frames is driving me crazy.

268.37 is says is my driver, could that be the problem? I just bought this machine a week ago.

Read this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/369500-adaptive-vsync-30fps-new-levels-of-smoothness-in-fsx/

Using the new beta driver and the latest version of nVidia Inspector I was able to set my frame rate inside FSX to half the monitor refresh rate (30 fps) for unparalleled smoothness, without using the external limiter.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

268.37 is says is my driver,

That is a driver from the stoneage. Update the driver to the latest, same with Nvidia Inspector.

Apart from that:

Run Windows Update manually, and update until there is nothing left.

Download Slimdrivers, and let it update everything.

THEN do the above... GPU driver + NI.

That is a driver from the stoneage.

You are very harsh.

LOL, just kidding! OK, I will do what you suggest, I am not one who enjoys updating drivers, but needs must, I suppose.

I am not one who enjoys updating drivers

Updating drivers is virtually a must nowdays.

You are very harsh.

You'll get to know me! ^_^ Beside that was an easy comment!

Latest WHQL driver for the 5xx, is 296.10, the beta which has the FXAA and Vsync Tear control is 301.24.

Inspector is 1.9.6.3

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Still searching the web, but it seems Asus does not allow easy updating of mobile graphics. Options are grayed out in the control panel. :(

Will keep searching.

And thanks for the help so far. :)

Ehhm, we talking a laptop? Nevertheless though, you should be able to choose the driver on the nvidia site, download and install.

Before the framerate limiter in the Nvidia driver became available i used ' Dxtory ' instead of the wellknown FPS Lmiter V0.2 which needs JAVA and a batch file and i never use JAVA anymore because internet security forums frequently warn for security issues!

It's basicly a better alternative for Fraps (movie capture tool), it's payware but can easily be used as FPS-limiter only with the free Trial Version:

http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html

I have no issues or problems with it, it works perfectly in FSX full sceen or windowed and

it works also in DX10 Preview Mode contrary to FPS Limiter V 0.2

Very simple to use:

1. First install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 at: http://www.microsoft...ang=en&id=17851

MS .NET Framework is safe.

2. Download Dxtory at: http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html

3. Go to the 2 th tab 'Overlay setting'

Disable: 'Use Default setting'

4. Go to the 4 th tab 'Hotkey Setting'.

Because we use it in Flight Simulator remove the F11 and F12 schortcuts ('Start/Stop Movie Capture' and 'Execute Single Screenshot') otherwise you get those features instead of 'outsight views' in FSX !

5. Go to the 8 th tab: 'Advanced Setting'.

- Choose 'Processing threads' number. I have a I5 2500K, so 4 cores = number 4

- Check 'Limit Video FPS'

- Choose a number, i take 30.

5. Click 'Minimize'

Thats it.

> Next time you use it, there is just a 10 seconds wait before startup if you keep on using the Trial Version.

> You can start Dxtory up before starting FSX or even during your flight.

So if you don't have a Nvdia card, or for some reason can't update your Nvidia drivers, this is a good alternative!

Bart :Loser: