Sign in to follow this  
NATH

PMDG Weather radar

Flying in PMDG aircraft is about as close to reality as your going to get, you really do feel as if your in the flight deck of a real aircraft. But the lack of a weather radar? That's an immersion killer :Straight Face: ... I understand its most likely an FSX limitation, but flying with the IVAO you get a working weather radar that uses FSUICP... so could PMDG planes be FSUICP weather radar compatible? Thoughts please :Money Eyes:

Does anybody ever do any research about a given topic before posting?

Noooooooooooope!

Let me grab my popcorn for the weather radar battle that is about to ensue.

For the record (for the OP):

Weather radar cannot be accurately modeled within flight sim, so they won't include it.

Kyle Rodgers

Project Tupolev seemed to a decent job with it, the wx radar seemed to match up with what I was seeing out the window.

Project Tupolev seemed to a decent job with it, the wx radar seemed to match up with what I was seeing out the window.

And that's exactly the problem! In real world a weather radar doesn't show clouds. It shows rain and that can't even be seen if you're not already in it in FSX.

Making a cloud radar is certenly possible, but not a "rain radar" which would be what you have in real world airplanes.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

They should have a list of banned words or phrases which include Airbus, weather radar, etc etc etc.

They could add "are we there yet?" and "release date" to the banned list, lol.

I don't see why a Weather Radar would be useful in FSX really. What happens when you fly through cloud? Little bit of turbulence you can't even feel ha! Plus on FSX Day and Night you can see the weather visually and easily judge for yourself. Terrain is more important for me which PMDG done such a great job in the NGX.

Please note everything I said relates to Flight Simulator and not Real World.

The usual pavlovian response to the mere mention of weather radar. Did anyone read the OP, or just the thread title? The OP isn't asking PMDG to develop a weather radar. Just enable display of weather via fsuipc. The OP even mentions FSX limitations.

This subject generates responses along the links of "PMDG says so it must be so" more than any other. Even to the extent some feel the mere mention of it should be banned. What happened to free speech?

Personally I feel a cloud radar is better than no weather radar at all. Rain and storms correlate closely with visible clouds in my experience.

ki9cAAb.jpg

A weather radar will simply not be possible in FSX. That's because a weather radar mainly measures rain density, and basically all weather that's important information for the pilots, like thunderstorms. It doesn't show normal clouds that exist around the aircraft, that have no rain in it. The problem is, that if it rains in FSX, the rain only exists in a very small radius around the aircraft. Therefore, it's impossible for the weather radar to show rain clouds that are for example 10 nm away.

The only way a weather radar MIGHT be possible, is perhaps if it's compatible with a programm like AS 2012, so it actually draws the weather on the ND that is shown in AS 2012, that might be the only way.

Noooooooooooope!

Let me grab my popcorn for the weather radar battle that is about to ensue.

For the record (for the OP):

Weather radar cannot be accurately modeled within flight sim, so they won't include it.

Can I have some too.. Pretty please? :Loser:

Does anybody ever do any research about a given topic before posting?

The answer to that question (which we all ask ourselves like everyday thanks to all the posters :P ) lies in this topic. I mean, it is the topic itself. :)

The usual pavlovian response to the mere mention of weather radar. Did anyone read the OP, or just the thread title? The OP isn't asking PMDG to develop a weather radar. Just enable display of weather via fsuipc. The OP even mentions FSX limitations.

This subject generates responses along the links of "PMDG says so it must be so" more than any other. Even to the extent some feel the mere mention of it should be banned. What happened to free speech?

Personally I feel a cloud radar is better than no weather radar at all. Rain and storms correlate closely with visible clouds in my experience.

"The usual pavlovian response to the mere mention of weather radar. Did anyone read the OP, or just the thread title?"

+1

Will the wood pigeon be the first PMDG product with weather radar?