Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Answer me this

Ok I not used to this bird at all,I don't really understand the flight director, during the take off run I have the runway heading dialed in or the heading atc wants me to fly and I have the altitude set, I press hdg and the flight director comes on but it does not guide me to my desired altitude, it just stays at ground level until I actually engage the AP and hit the climb button, is this normal operations?

My second problem is descent, man its crazy, I read the manual and it says if you press the dsc button it will start you at a rate of 500 per minute, well if I press it the plane just nose dives 3000 ft + Im in need of a tutorial badly.

I'm not sure the autopilot/flight director operate like the real thing, but I do not have a factory manual to compare to..

If anyone has access to a Collins autopilot manual, I would really like to see it!

Here is the problem, as I see it.. You cannot activate the ALT SEL function without the AP engaged.

So, if you select Heading and Preselect Altitude, the FD will indicate the correct heading, but not the

pitch to climb to altitude.

I have changed the autopilot so that you can activate ALT SEL with only the FD engaged, and in that case,

the FD will correctly show the required pitch.

If you would like a copy to test, send me a PM with your email address.

Not sure if this is at all like the real airplane, however :unsure:

Bert