Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

What's the best overall add-on scenery for the Caribbean?

I was hoping for a package that covered several airports and a wide area... either payware or quality freeware.

I'm familiar with some of the individual airports such as Fly Tampa's Grenadines and St. Maarten which include multiple airports.

But is there a comparable package for the upper part of the Caribbean?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Its Princess Juliana from Fly Tampa.

You could augment that with a few more from VFR France

No one (Payware) has done Puerto Rico or Bahamas for FSX

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi there,

Although not principally confined to the upper Caribbean only, the following is a sampling of some nice tropical scenery packages:

http://secure.simmar...ic-page-1.chtml

There's Antigua; US & British VIs; Cayman Islands; Trinidad; Kingston & Montego Bay, Jamaica; Bahamas; Tobago; Punta Cana in the D.R.; airports in Bonaire, St. Lucia, Aruba, Curocao; Cancun; St. Thomas; others and lots more...

Have a look, and let us know what you end up with! :)

Blue skies, Rusty

[but, my favorites are Fly Tampa's St. Maarten and Grenadines packages. FT's detailing, mesh and flare for the true tropical island flavor really combine to make for immersive Caribbean flying.]

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

After Fly Tampa, Latin VFR and Tropical Sim have the best sceneries. Be wary of France VFR, their sceneries have problems in FSX. They sorely need to be updated.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

http://secure.simmar...ic-page-1.chtml

There's Antigua; US & British VIs; Cayman Islands; Trinidad; Kingston & Montego Bay, Jamaica; Bahamas; Tobago; Punta Cana in the D.R.; airports in Bonaire, St. Lucia, Aruba, Curocao; Cancun; St. Thomas; others and lots more...

Have a look, and let us know what you end up with! :)

Oh my! I just added up all those sceneries and the price comes to a mere EUR 574.15 which works out to USD 756.55 :shok:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

There's mention of a UTX package for that area.

@Jacoba:- "Oh my! I just added up all those sceneries and the price comes to a mere EUR 574.15 which works out to USD 756.55"

Now you know why my wife describes our hobby as a "bottomless Pit" :LMAO:

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Hi!

FREEWARE:

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/pws.shtml

It includes lots of very nice Caribean islands and more than 30 airports like TNCM - Princess Juliana International Airport, TFFJ - St Barthelemy, SABA - Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, and many, many more. Premium, professional quality. I think this is one of the best freeware gifts to the FSX community and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Yours

Eivind S

St Marteen is Princess Juliana. It's the same thing.

Do a search in the avsim lib...Max Kraus. His Barbados scenery is top shelf. He also has a Cyprus and Mauritius addon airport as well.

Hi!

FREEWARE:

http://www.strikings...e.com/pws.shtml

It includes lots of very nice Caribean islands and more than 30 airports like TNCM - Princess Juliana International Airport, TFFJ - St Barthelemy, SABA - Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport, and many, many more. Premium, professional quality. I think this is one of the best freeware gifts to the FSX community and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Yours

Eivind S

+100

Just guessing were we Manny ? :LMAO:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I bought Fly Tampa's St Maarten last week, flew there once never to return. I was extremely disappointed with the ground resolution, it looked like the entire island was one blur. But the most disappointing aspect for me was the actual scenery, IMO it all has a cartoon look to it, and fails as far as I'm concerned in appearing realistic or convincing.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

For Cuba Taxi2Gate has two good sceneries, Santiago De Cuba and Cayo Largo. LatinVFR has made Havana, and fsgenesis released their Cuba mesh short time ago.

I bought Fly Tampa's St Maarten last week, flew there once never to return. I was extremely disappointed with the ground resolution, it looked like the entire island was one blur. But the most disappointing aspect for me was the actual scenery, IMO it all has a cartoon look to it, and fails as far as I'm concerned in appearing realistic or convincing.

sounds like some graphics problems and the blurries to me.