Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Rivets

I took a stab at cleaning these up the best I could. I can fix the rivets to a point. The other issue is something only Carenado can fix w/ the source of the model and that is the stretching of the rivets. That's out of anyones hands.

What I have done is gone in and hand replaced over 200 rivets (and I'm not even done yet), then erased the old rivets.. I then went and created a new bump map for the texture.. Half the problem was the old bump maps scale was entirely too high. This is a painfully precise and long process and as mentioned.. I'm not even done yet.

Old: (Original)

7072586227_f1f25dfd81_b.jpg

New: (you can clearly see the old rivets next to the new in the gold swoosh.

6926509252_6de5866d82_b.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Ya know, I'm just realizing I can't do all these rivets.. That rivet style Carenado used on this section covers the entire plane and if I only do one area it is going to really be mix-matched looking and I can't allow that..

So for those who were talking about the bad rivets. Here is a new bump map to relax the default rivets down a bit on this section of the aircraft. Replace the bmp in your "Texture.Common" folder with this one.. Back up the original in case you don't like it. This is as good as it's going to get, which isn't all that bad really.

http://www.mediafire...9x846ccepvo7qzx

]7072683501_3fb0f45ef7_b.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

There is a definite improvement with your new bump map. Thanks, Styckx.

This is actually very tolerable now... Combine this with the black engine nacelles, it is useable...

Lets hope Carenado addresses this in greater detail in the coming SP...