Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Warning,Unable to Initilize the SDK

I get this audio message when I bring up the panel,Any ideas?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I get this audio message when I bring up the panel,Any ideas?

Please install/re-install Sp1C for the NGX.

Also ensure you're starting the FSX in the 2D cockpit by default.

There is a switch in the FSX Setting Menu.

You can switch to the VC after the 2D loads.

Note: This does not necessarily apply to eveyone. Some people can start in the VC no problems. It seems to vary from user to user.

Bryan, I got this for the very first time today and I've been using 1.3 with SP1c since their respective release dates. Although the 737-700 NGX always starts in 2D mode, the only thing I can think of that I did different today was switch to the VC before starting the FS2Crew (bar) for the first time during this session. It is at that point I got my very first "Can't Initialize NGX SDK" warning from FS2Crew, after I had the NGX up on a short-turn panel state. Question - is it neccessary to start FS2Crew from the 2D panel before ever switching to the VC during a given session?

I'm currently enroute at FL390 and everything seems to be working but FS2Crew is not reading current MCP values correctly - I was in too big of hurry this afternoon to startup everything again. I'm just chalking it up to my FO is not feeling well today... :Nail Biting:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Bryan, I got this for the very first time today and I've been using 1.3 with SP1c since their respective release dates. Although the 737-700 NGX always starts in 2D mode, the only thing I can think of that I did different today was switch to the VC before starting the FS2Crew (bar) for the first time during this session. It is at that point I got my very first "Can't Initialize NGX SDK" warning from FS2Crew, after I had the NGX up on a short-turn panel state. Question - is it neccessary to start FS2Crew from the 2D panel before ever switching to the VC during a given session?

I'm currently enroute at FL390 and everything seems to be working but FS2Crew is not reading current MCP values correctly - I was in too big of hurry this afternoon to startup everything again. I'm just chalking it up to my FO is not feeling well today... :Nail Biting:

Yea, it's necessary for some people, others don't for some reason.

Am i able to open the fs2crew panel from VC? Because now i am not. If i remember correctly, i were able it in history?

You probably ran the PMDG 'Performance Manager', which deletes the FS2Crew gauge entry in the VC section.

Here's the best way to open/close the Main Panel in the 2D or VC "without" having to use the mouse.

Special Tip:

You can also assign a Keyboard or Joystick button to open and close the Main Panel.

• To create your "Toggle Main Panel" assignment, create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu

• You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both).

IMPORTANT: Your PMDG 737 NGX
cannot
use the same key assignment for any PMDG 737 NGX Key Command function, or the Main Button will not work!

So, for example, if you use "C" as your keyboard assignment for the Main Button, you cannot use "C" for any PMDG 737 NGX KEY ASSIGNMENTS.

•  

autofeather2.jpg

Bryan, I am have come back to simming after some time off, and I downloaded the new version 1.4 and started flying and then after some FSX monkey business including a CTD, I got this "SDK Error". It only happened once and I can't repeat it. Should I reinstall everything (I really don't want to, or just the NGX, or not worry about unless I can repeat it.)

Possibly related, on the flights where I have been able to initiate the FS2Crew without problem, I seem to have an increase in CTDs at TOD. I'll play the briefing, call for a checklist and sometimes I get a CTD. And sometimes I don't. And sometimes it comes a little later. But it only happens in the NGX. I'm sort of perplexed. Thanks.

Hi Doug,

SDK Error: If it only happened once, don't worry about it. You probably just loaded the NGX in a weird way.

Please do a forum search using the term "SDK" and you can see that can possibly trigger the SDK message.

CTDs at the TOD: Could be scenery or a million other things associated with FSX. Generally though we get very few reports of CTDs with FS2Crew NGX.

Cheers,

Thanks. Good to know. I hate re-installing things.

Also, I didn't think it was you on the CTD given my history with your products, but I'm just trying to run down the angles. If it always happened during the checklist or while the F/O was doing something, then that would be more suspicious, but because it was happening "around" the time of the TOD workload, I thought I would mention it as I troubleshoot.