Sign in to follow this  
wolfee

FS2crew and EZCA 2d start-up

Hello

Anybody know how to ensure that the sim loads into the 2d panel all the time while using EZCA. I have it set to load in the 2d in FSX but on initialisation of the flight EZCA takes over and puts me in the virtual cockpit. I know now that FS2crew definitely will not work correctly if not loaded in the 2D.

I have asked this question in the EZCA section over at Simforums earlier today but haven't got an answer yet. Maybe some of the learned folk here might have some advise.

Thanks in advance for your help

Martin

Martin Woulfe

Computer Specs

Mobo P6X58D-E, CPU i7-950 @ 4.0 GHz, GPU GTX470, 6GB DDR3 RAM

FSX

PMDG J41, PMDG MD11, Flight 1 BN Islander, EZCA, ASE, REX, SimplatesX, Ultimate Traffic 2, FS Global 2010, Ground Env X (Europe), Ultimate Terrain X (Europe)

Aerosoft LFPG, EDDF

UK2000 EGPH, EGLL, EGSS, EGGP

Fly Tampa St Maarten, St Barths, SABA, Grenadines

Hello

Anybody know how to ensure that the sim loads into the 2d panel all the time while using EZCA. I have it set to load in the 2d in FSX but on initialisation of the flight EZCA takes over and puts me in the virtual cockpit. I know now that FS2crew definitely will not work correctly if not loaded in the 2D.

I have asked this question in the EZCA section over at Simforums earlier today but haven't got an answer yet. Maybe some of the learned folk here might have some advise.

Martin

I think the workaround is to disable ezdok until the NGX initializes.

I think the workaround is to disable ezdok until the NGX initializes.

Dumb question: How do you disable Ezdok Camera?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Martin,

When I load up Fsx the first thing that I see is the 2d cockpit all stretched out across the screen, after about 5 seconds this then

reverts to the 3d v/c and the loads normally. I thought that this was wrong and that I had to physically change it from 2d to v/c myself

but no, according to Bryan, as long as you see the 2d cockpit at the start it has loaded correctly and you don't have to disable ezdok.

Regards

Hi Martin,

When I load up Fsx the first thing that I see is the 2d cockpit all stretched out across the screen, after about 5 seconds this then

reverts to the 3d v/c and the loads normally. I thought that this was wrong and that I had to physically change it from 2d to v/c myself

but no, according to Bryan, as long as you see the 2d cockpit at the start it has loaded correctly and you don't have to disable ezdok.

Regards

Mine does not start up in the same way as yours (Stretched), it loads to 3D right away, so i just last night found the method mentioned in in Frank's post above, which for me is to place a shortcut to EzDok's exe on my desktop and modify the XML file to not boot EzDok at FSX start up and then start from the shortcut after starting my flight.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello

Martin

Martin.

I had the same problem and one simmer told me how to fix it and it works for me now, and looks to me this is the only option which works for those who has same issue. So here:

Start up FSX then open the EZDOK studio and under options select Define keys and buttons and there you will find a Global enable setting (it is actually an enable/disable function). I have this mapped to a joystick button and I use this a lot to temporarily disable EZDOK camera effects when using the mouse to click on Cockpit buttons.You need to do all this before loading the NGX. Once the NGX is loaded in 2D you can switch to 3D and enable EZDOK.

Let me know if it doesn't work but it should.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi

Can we use the eZDOK menu the option --> "Global Disable" and after NGX load on you can assign Enable and change to VC Cockpit.. Could be a workaround ?

Please, let me know

Mauricio Graziani

Hi

Can we use the eZDOK menu the option --> "Global Disable" and after NGX load on you can assign Enable and change to VC Cockpit.. Could be a workaround ?

Please, let me know

Yes you can.

Thanks everyone for your advise and suggestions. I have some time for fsx tomorrow so I'll get back to you then let you know how it goes.

Martin

Martin Woulfe

Computer Specs

Mobo P6X58D-E, CPU i7-950 @ 4.0 GHz, GPU GTX470, 6GB DDR3 RAM

FSX

PMDG J41, PMDG MD11, Flight 1 BN Islander, EZCA, ASE, REX, SimplatesX, Ultimate Traffic 2, FS Global 2010, Ground Env X (Europe), Ultimate Terrain X (Europe)

Aerosoft LFPG, EDDF

UK2000 EGPH, EGLL, EGSS, EGGP

Fly Tampa St Maarten, St Barths, SABA, Grenadines