Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

Fullscreen Mode  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run FSX in fullscreen mode?

• Yes
    • No

Windowed, because I can have a flight running while working on something else an the same machine

Windowsed. I really like running in ful screen, but I find myself switch so often that I've stuck to windowed mode. I'm a multi-tasker and switch between full and windowed sometimes crashes FSX.

A maximised window, with fscaptain FCOM, FMS and ATC windows on my second monitor.

When I use FSX, I concentrate on FSX. I don't do anything else at the same time. My flights are generally no more than an hour long, so I don't need to find other things to do whilst the aircraft is flying itself for 8 hours at 35000 feet. Full Screen mode only.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Full screen, I find it more stable,despite my sys. size.

Full screen only for me. I get much better performance.

I run AS2012, Plan-G and FSEconomy client on a laptop.

Windowed, because when I try full screen and alt tab back to FSX, most of the time I get a black screen and something flashes like crazy (I don't remember what it is).

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

bic. What if you just click on the top double windows of th screen? Does the Black Screen oyu get happen there as well?

Maybe you have a driver problem?

I do because:

- of the immersion factor

- I have a laptop which runs WideFS, SB4, AS, Vroute, FSBuild2, BAW & DAV ACARS, ServInfo, VATSpy, Aivlasoft EFB, UTOPIA and Teamspeak

- I have an iPad which runs FSKneeboard2, Internet browser and can act alternatively as a display for the laptop to run EFB

I have virtually no reason to alt+tab or alt+enter.

I do however alt+enter on longer flights, of course.

Off topic Word Not Allowed, Does your SideWinder FF2 have forces in FSX?

Off topic Word Not Allowed, Does your SideWinder FF2 have forces in FSX?

With FSForce2 yes. Without no.

Guess I'll explain one more time how to use windowed mode but in fullscreen to get the benefits from both

• fullscreen-mode (better performance, vsync? (haven't tried vsync))
  • windowed mode (instant alt-tab, better multi-screen support)

1) Download and run this file with FSX

http://dl.dropbox.co...xfullscreen.exe

2) Use FSX in windowed mode (alt enter)

3) Press windows-sign+F11 (be sure focus is on FSX, if not click somewhere on the screen)

This removes the borders and the startbar and 'fakes' fullscreen. Even though it's fake, it does give me the same performance(boost) as normal fullscreen, but I can now alt-tab instantly and use FSX on my other monitor while all the other apps (fsbuild, rex, PFE, etc) on my other screen

Full screen only. First, I find it far more immersive not to have anything else on the screen except the VC (i.e., full screen enhances my suspension of disbelief). Second, I have a second PC beside my FSX PC that I use for networked FSX applications and for other things such as surfing the web, consulting aircraft manuals, etc., while I fly.

+1

I only ever exit full screen the once to run UTOPIA and get the derated takeoff figures.

Btw, using the "Wndows" key gives me 100% reliable exits out of full screen to the desktop (and back !!!).

Regards

Gary