Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Another ATIS Question - Sorry !

I have been away from Radar Contact for quite some time, been using Vatsim instead, Now I have mastered PMDG's 737NGX and Bryans FS2Crew NGX, I thought I would re-visit RC to compliment the other two programs.

I appreciate this problem has been kicked to death in the past, but I can't get the ATIS from RC to obtain the correct destination wx. From reading other posts on this subject it appears I should be using the latest updates to RC, FSUIPC and AS2012, well I am, but still only get the local ambient wx when the FO gets the ATIS.

I do have AS2012 (DWC mode) on a networked laptop and according to Peter Dowson I should use WideFS (currently version 6.94) so FSUIPC can communicate with AS2012. Both FSX and WideFS are saying connected, but its still not getting the correct ATIS.

Programs used are:-

FSX SP2

Radar Contact ver 4.3 3843

AS2012 SP1 Beta ver 4448

FSUIPC ver 4.823

FS2Crew 737NGX ver 1.2

What am I missing ?

Glen

Glen

First of all. while not much different, e-mail jd@jdtllc.com with your user name and request the link to RCv4.3845. I think you can use the same registration key but request a new key if not. Both versions can reside on the same system but in separate folders so you have insurance.

RC will read ATIS from AS2012 based on a METAR from AS2012 to get around the global weather mode required when operating DWC in AS2012. This was a fix in FSUIPC worked out with the ASE\AS2012 developer. The actual weather occurring at destination is that reported at your current location in global weather mode and is not what it should be on your arrival. I don't know if your other applications are adjusted to do this.

Still some users have experienced problems.

I saw your post;

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71384-fsuipc-communicating-with-as2012-on-network/

which is the correct place to resolve this problem:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Pete will figure things out and thanks for posting there.

after you install the update, and you still encounter the issue, make a log. details pinned to the top of the forum.

tell me what fs says the arrival weather. not what any other source says, but what fs says. fs is the only source that rc can read.

be sure to follow the AS settings for proper rc operations.

jd

be sure to follow the AS settings for proper rc operations.

Hi John,

I think I've identified a timing problem which can occur between FSUIPC and WideFS when the weather is being obtained from a Client PC running ActiveSky. I've reproduced it here (with difficulty, mind), and worked out what i think is a fix. I've provided Glen with an update to test for me.

There's no problems when ASE or AS2012 are on the same PC as FSX.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi JD

Update requested via email.

** be sure to follow the AS settings for proper rc operations **

Where do I find this info, I have looked in the RC manual and AS2012 manual ?

Glen

Glen

This information would be in the AS manuals and release notes mainly. Possibly the release notes for updated FSUIPC4 might offer something.

Thanks Ron, I'll have another look

Glen

Can't find any info on using RC with AS2012 to obtain a destination ATIS with AS2012 in DWC mode, in any of the Radar Contact, AS2012 or FSUIPC Manuals, if they were there they may have been removed ?

BTW Your Pinned link 'Attention ASE FSX Users' only goes to the general Active Sky Support forum not to a specific post, which may be what I am looking for.

Glen

** be sure to follow the AS settings for proper rc operations **

Where do I find this info, I have looked in the RC manual and AS2012 manual ?

I don't think there's anything special to do. To avoid late changes of runways it helps to tell AS2012 your plans. If it knows your destination airport there is an option to freeze the weather some miles out -- 50 I think. And programs like Ultimate Traffic 2 can be set to not change traffic within the last so-many miles too. RC determines the runways using several criteria like winds, ILS, and AI traffic usage, so changes in the two which can change can result in late re-routing for approach.

It doesn't really bother me, though, as i find it quite realistic. I've see late chages in runways occur. Normally aircraft are put into holds for a few minutes first to allow the situation to resolve on or near the ground.

Looking at the latest logs you supplied, there seems to be no sign of RC ever asking specifically for any weather either at a Lat/Lon or Wx station ICAO. I've seen a log like that before but the sufferer never bothered to go further in making more tests for me.

If FSUIPC doesn't get the request it won't ask AS2012 for it in any case, obviously, so what you'd get is the weather at the aircraft or the nearest WX station, depending on the FSUIPC offsets RC is reading.

As per the thread on my Support Forum I await your next results with the additional logging I suggested. If this still shows no requests from RC then I think you'll need to make an RC log and ask JD about it.

BTW one other test you could do is without AS2012 running, or with its DWC mode turned off. If RC really isn't asking for the weather explicitly then you'd get the same results as you do now.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks Pete

I noted your post in your forum and will make the tests as you instructed, I'll get back to you shortly

Glen

Glen

Well thanks to the perseverance of Pete Dowson I finally have this problem fixed. :smile:

Looking at the FSUIPC and WideClient logs he said there was no request being made from RC through FSUIPC and suspected I had a very old RC installation, which was correct. Previously I think I copied the FS9 folder so I could use RC with FSX and seemed to work well until DWC came along, but because it was a copy of the FS9 installation obviously some communication path with FSUIPC was broken so it could not get the correct METAR ATIS from FSUIPC/WideClient.

Thanks to JD for supplying me with the latest update, I now have a proper FSX installation with the correct communication path through FSUIPC to AS2012 on my client computer.

Glen

Glen

The correct last version of RC is v4 build 3845.

Sending in a log includes that information as well so doing that would have helped resolve this sooner.