Looks great man. Thanks again. Jim

Gonna try this now. Thanks. Also my directory is texture.common not textures

Fixed the typos - Thanks

... and your welcome

Brett

Skyscraper

Cheers for making this available...

:)

By the way skyscraper, as far as I can tell, that third lighting knob on the overhead turns on the backlighting of the throttle quadrant unit...

A

Brett, my thanks for solving this lighting problem as doing things like night full CAT III landings IMC can now be better achieved.

Russ

Cheers for making this available...

:)

By the way skyscraper, as far as I can tell, that third lighting knob on the overhead turns on the backlighting of the throttle quadrant unit...

A

My pleasure.

Thanks for the tip on the function of the third knob. I'll check that again.

A simple diagram of what the functioning instruments and controls do (as provide with their earlier work) and more importantly which ones are INOP would save some frustration. :Idea: Not a deal breaker though as the info is usually available from folks here who have time in type or elsewhere online. Just part of the hobby for me...

Skyscraper

Brett, my thanks for solving this lighting problem as doing things like night full CAT III landings IMC can now be better achieved.

Russ

Happy it was useful for you. :good:

Tweaking the "office" the way I like it is part of the hobby for me. I encourage the folks at Carenado go the last few miles to clean up the remaining issues. This would make a great flagship for them. They do seem to be listening...

Brett

Skyscraper

Here is a download link for the modified night VC panel texture seen in my earlier post.

Thanks a lot for the new Bitmap, it works very nice for me!

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Yes, I checked out the C90 with the new VC lighting map you made... a total change and a massive improvement in appearance and usability!

Thanks again!

A

Hi All,

Nice work on the panel lighting but I have a question.

By editing such files are you not invalidating your licence and the EULA. In essence your breaking a developers code and also hacing intellectual property.

Wycliffe

Hi All,

Nice work on the panel lighting but I have a question.

By editing such files are you not invalidating your licence and the EULA. In essence your breaking a developers code and also hacing intellectual property.

Wycliffe

Hi Wycliff,

Good point. To be on the safe side I inquired with Carenado to make sure prior to posting this texture mod and to be clear their is no hacking of code involved, this is a minor bitmap adjustment with all due credit to Carenado. As stated in their copyright that came with the product, they have no problem with with uploading modified textures. They do have a problem with uploading unmodified t extures. As I wanted to be sure that their copyright applied to interior textures and not just exterior repaints I sent them a support ticket and they responded immediately. I'm not sure this is true of all third party developers though so it is always prudent to get permission.

Here is their response:

Skyscraper, Apr 18 20:19 (CLT):

We have been having a discussion on your forum at AVSIM regarding the lighting levels in the night VC in the King Air. I have tweaked CNA_int_1_night.bmp to dim the brightness of the highlights of that texture. Is it acceptable to share this modified texture with others?

Your copyright clearly allows this for exterior repaints, but I wanted to be sure that cockpit textures could be shared as well.

Otherwise, great work on the King Air.

Carenado Support, Apr 18 20:26 (CLT):

Yes no problem uploading any modified texture.

What it is no allowed is uploading any original texture without modifications.

Skyscraper

Excellent, aslong as the developer doesn't mind thenI guess it's all good.

Just for the record it's Wycliffe, please note the 'e' at the end of my name. I am not Wyclef Jean, but Wycliffe Barrett.

Wycliffe

Just for the record it's Wycliffe, please note the 'e' at the end of my name. I am not Wyclef Jean, but Wycliffe Barrett.

Wycliffe

Oops, my apologies for the typo. :sorry:

Skyscraper

Hi Skyscraper, y have followed your mini tutorial and here are the results:

You have changed my FSX, well done!!!!!!!  and for ever and ever thank you.

Raul.

That looks superbe, Raul! Do you mind sharing it? I'd really like to use your texture /-set, if you dont mind!

Tnx,

Hek