Sign in to follow this  
SBlauw

Font problem (FSX)

Hi all,

I hadn't flown the MD-11 recently because of the release of the NGX. Today however, I was in the mood for a long-haul flight, so I decided to fly from Schiphol to St. Martin. For some reason, something has happened to the fonts. The picture speaks for itself I think.

md11q.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best regards,

Stefan

This was mentioned once before and answered here but sadly, I cannot provide the link. But I do remember this being asked about.

OK, that's interesting. I can't find a proper search funtion in this forum? The problem is quite annoying :). Would there be a way to restore the fonts?

Stefan

Stefan,

I've recently developed exactly the same font problem. Where is the repair option of the installer located? I purchased the CD version of my MD-11 and when I reinsert the disc it just gives me the option to 'install'. There doesn't appear to be a repair option.

I'd prefer not to do an 'uninstall' and 'reinstall'if there's a way round it. In all other respects the plane appears to be normal.

Bernard

Bernard Walford

in the search box type in fonts there a few options to choose from

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all,

I hadn't flown the MD-11 recently because of the release of the NGX. Today however, I was in the mood for a long-haul flight, so I decided to fly from Schiphol to St. Martin. For some reason, something has happened to the fonts. The picture speaks for itself I think.

md11q.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best regards,

Stefan

Stefan,

Had the same problem. The best way is to uninstall the original plane and (!!) the repaints. I know that is a lot of work.

Then reïnstall again and the problem is fixed.

You can try a repair, but it doesn't worked for me.

Good luck.

Eric

@Bernard

If like me you have the CD version, when you re-insert it in your drive, and it auto-runs, it will give you an option of Repair or Remove. Choose the Repair option, and you should be okay as per Stefan's solution.

Good Luck.

I ended up doing an 'uninstall' and then 'reinstall' with my CD. I didn't see a Repair or Remove option on the CD on auto-run. The only hassle was removing and reinstalling all my liveries. Anyway it's all done now, so thanks for the advice.

Bernard

Bernard Walford