Sign in to follow this  
kaydub

Mr. Stolle, I just want to make sure you know that...

I sure hope that you are not serious about leaving FDE development. You've been a major contributor and those of us with some idea of what kind of work you do would be so disappointed. If you look at the people who are doing the real harsh complaining, you can recognize them as often being rude and untempered in other forums. I suggest that you not give them the credit of taking seriously. Some don't realize that flight simming is on the wane as it is. MS is really done with it and XP also struggles to widen its market. Third-party developers are few, and It would be great if we supported each other and pointed out what we would like to see done without all of the unnecessary attitude. Carenado has its strength in its visual presentation AND the fact that you work on the FDEs. The plane is very flyable, as are the Jetprop and the Milviz C310. I love flying approaches in weather with your FDEs. Please stay with development and recognize how much some of us appreciate the work that you and team Carenado are doing.

K

+2 Your work is exceptional

Still getting my feet wet in this community but I agree. I just left a community after being in it and creating for it for three years (Repaints, file editing, `tweaking', fixing etc) and close to two years doing something else for it which an NDA doesn't allow me to discuss. You will never have a community free of chronic complainers, and you will never see more compliments over negative comments.. It's human nature. 5% of people who purchase something will go out of there way to say "thank you". While 20% will go out there way to stand on a soap box and stomp their feet until they feel they get the attention they so desperately desire. Beta testers ALWAYS got the the wrath of heat. Comments ranging from the entire beta team should be fired and outted in public to other similar comments. The rest.. Do nothing and just enjoy the product.

Most beta testers are actually the ones behind the scenes digging in the trenches and fighting for the product to be right. They are usually the ones having words with product leads and or other various company employees. They are the ones posting bug, bumping threads that weren't addressed and nagging developers "HEY THIS IS STILL BROKE".. Beta testers have enough of a time having to deal with a product knowingly sent out with issues so really it's definitely not a help to publicly berate them when they are most likely ones fighting for the product to be right.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Ive been in sims since Microprose F19 running on a 3 grand Tandy computer at a unheard of speed of 20 mhz. 6 months later I upgraded to a amazing 25 mhz having the salesmen ask me, "What the he** are you gonna do with that power."

Its been a expensive hobby but one with no ending because of both tech advances and the devotion of developers/ simmers creating better and more exciting,diverse addons.

Dont let a few impatient hotheads "if the shoe fits wear it" bring you down much less run you off. I have enough addons to buy a small car and I can say Carenado are in the good guy catagory and consistantly put out great aircraft. A patch within days and yet I read very few "apologies". What I read went beyond constructive criticism but just being a jerks. Guys with high dollar rigs with all their specs listed so all can gaze. Then act like they got ripped off by Bernie Madoff on a $40 for a addon thats not perfect. Tell em to go play Call of Duty.

+1! Fully agree. Your FDE work is very apreciated.

Add me to the list! Mr. Stolle's work is awesome, and is much appreciated. The V35 suddenly became my #1 plane in FSX after I tried it with his new FDE...

Know that your work is much appreciated.

Indeed - many thanks for your efforts.

Chris B.

"Flapsdown"

When I read you weren't going to do any more Carenado FDEs, my first reaction was "I guess I'll save a bunch of money that I'd ordinarily spend on their planes, then". Seriously, if we're going back to the way they did them before you showed up, then I just won't bother.

Say it ain't so!

When I read you weren't going to do any more Carenado FDEs, my first reaction was "I guess I'll save a bunch of money that I'd ordinarily spend on their planes, then". Seriously, if we're going back to the way they did them before you showed up, then I just won't bother.

Say it ain't so!

+1!!!!

I can only second that!

Bernt, your magic touch on the FDE makes this plane and your others unique and exceptional! I allways appreciated your fantastic work and will support your upcoming work as allways my friend!!!

Hi Bernt --- hey, you cannot abandon us. We need your talent with FDE --- you are part of these great planes.

And I for one, do not want to lose a C337 soul-brother !!!! :Big Grin: We had fun with that one !!!

Stay with us --- Sincerely, Bob

Say it ain't so!

+ 1000000000000000000000

David DD

Guest Mik75

+1 The look and feel is a very important factor for me. A few bugs system wise aren't a showstopper for me. And when they get sorted out by a service pack so soon after the initial release, thats even better! But when a plane looks ugly, not being able to produce any atmosphere, or even worse, when a plane has a jerky handling and poor FDE, that is defenitely a no go for me! And concerning these two points, the latest Carenado releases are top notch and very immersive! So please, stay with Carenado and stay with us!

I am no flight sim expert, but I have learned enough to know that an fde by Bernst Stolle is great and will always be fun to fly. Yet, I can understand why he would want to withdraw from this work, in light of some of the banter I have seen on these forums. I have watched the internet grow from its infancy, and I have always had reservations about it because it removes one important factor in any communications. Responsibility. Some times I just can't believe some of the comments I see posted on these websites because if someone talked to me in person in the manner in which statements are posted on fora, that person would finish their comments from the pavement (lessons learned from growing up in the Bronx, New York). I don't participate a lot on this forum for precisely that reason, even though I own every Carenado plane for FSX. Many of the posts I've read want Mr. Stolle him to stay in the business so they can fly his planes, but with privilege comes responsibility. If you want Mr. Stolle to stay, perhaps its about time that members of this forum take responsibility for what they say, and to also stand up for Mr. Stolle when someone is out of line. Perhaps its also about time for a "dog of the week" award for rudest person to post a comment. As I see it, everyone has a right to make contribute a comment, even if its incorrect or misinformed. I've asked some incredibly stupid questions on flight sim boards from time to time. But, no one has a right to be jackass while speaking their piece. I've practiced law for a long time in California, and I deal with self important blowhards every day. After a while, you learn to ignore the fools (actually, I kind of enjoy needling them from time to time), and look forward to those times when you interact with someone with class. I hope Mr. Stolle sticks with it, but for his own sake, not mine. I wish him well, and I thank him for the countless hours of fun and decompression from bad days that he has provided me. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California