Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Radar contact atis incorrect

Hi John

My RC4 atis does not match what AS2012 is injecting into FSX, where does RC4 pull its ATIS data from, I am using the below settings. test from departure and arrival indicate AS2012 weather correctly being injected into FSX but RC4 ATIS not matching, wind was close but Rc4 indicating heavy IFR when sky was clear, could this be an incorrect setting in FSUIPC

AS2012 Latest Beta,DWC mode, ATIS voice off, flight plan loaded

FSX Acceleration

Latest version of RC4

FSUIPC4.82 registered

AS2012 and RC4 running from client widefs

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi Wayne,

Make sure that you have the d version of FSUIPC 4.82 .Pete found a small problem at the end of last week or the one before.I notice that FSUIPC latest is 4.823.

My ATIS info was correct when I last used FSX.

I am using FS9 at present doing some flight testing!

Edited by norman s

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370824-another-atis-question-sorry/

in the later replies mentions a problem in using WideFS and WideClient that may or may not apply to your situation. It is highly depending on timing issues found in some conficurations by FSUIPC4. RC gets its destination ATIS via FSUIPC4 which recognizes if ASE\AS2012 is used and gets it directly from the AS application. When these are not used, RC gets it from via FSUIPC4 from FSX. This is a work around for the global weather mode required when using DWC in the AS applications in FSX.

Note that a private FSUIPC4 test release was issued to a user who had a similar setup to you. That thread is on the FSUIPC support forum:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71384-fsuipc-communicating-with-as2012-on-network/ is the thread involved.

In the referred to RC thread that particular user had an older RC4 installed. The correct version is build 3845. A link can be requested from jd@jdtllc.com by sending in your purchase e-mail and user name.

The current FSUIPC version from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

as well as updated widefs and wideclient versions are there as well if that turns out to be an issue.

Be sure to set destination weather locking if suggested in the AS2012 documention and also to process your flight plan in AS2012

My RC4 atis does not match what AS2012 is injecting into FSX, where does RC4 pull its ATIS data from, I am using the below settings. test from departure and arrival indicate AS2012 weather correctly being injected into FSX but RC4 ATIS not matching, wind was close but Rc4 indicating heavy IFR when sky was clear, could this be an incorrect setting in FSUIPC

Unless you've changed the FSUIPC4.INI file to stop it accessing AS for weather requests, there's no setting in FSUIPC which can affect the report sent to RC on request. It is a direct interpretation of the METAR it gets from AS for the Lat/Lon or Wx station ICAO which RC provides.

You description of the discrepancy sounds remarkably like the bug in AS2012 which is purportedly fixed in the SP1 Beta according to this change item:

- Changed handling of DWC depiction processes in order to eliminate problematic condition where the area around the aircraft might depict a clear-cloud scenario when surrounding (and reported) conditions include clouds

However, I see you state you ARE using the latest AS2012 Beta, so that seems odd. Perhaps you should contact HiFi. With Beta releases they want feedback of course.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

thanks Pete and others, bit time poor at the moment due work but I will do some testing and move across to the hifi forum, cheers

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Pete

I did manage to do some testing,

I have been to your link and installed FSUIPC 4.823 and 6.94 Wide client. RC and AS2012 are operating on the client via WideFS

Without running AS2012 RC reads exactly what the weather is doing in FSX but as soon as run AS2012 it seems to not recognise the data from AS2012 and continues to read data straight from AS2012 DWC Beta SP1, I am not sure what is going on there. Perhaps I should try re installing RC4

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such

Pete

I am pretty confused, I reinstalled RC4 on the client but still willl not read the correct AS2012 weather through FSUIPC. I really dont know where to go with this issue as I dont think it has anything to do with AS2012. I also tried deleting the FSUIPC.ini file but still RC4 never matches the AS2012 weather. When I run the AS2012 ATIS its always perfect but as soon as I fire up RC4 always wrong. I have AS2012 setup using simconnect to communicate and RC4 communicating through FSWIDE latest version

Wayne

Wayne such

I have been to your link and installed FSUIPC 4.823

The user in the other similar thread is using 4.824, an interim test version. If you check his thread on my Forum you'll find a link to it. Else use the 4.823 link but edit it changing the 3 to a 4.

I'll be posting it as the latest update next week. no time till then.

Double check the build number on your RC. That was the real problem for the other user -- two builds out of date!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Definently on the latest versions, could not find the link to FSUIPC 4.8.24 so will wait until release. Dont understand what you mean by changing the 3 to a 4 from the downlaod link of FSUIPC sorry, I have also reinstalled RC on the client but did not help. I run some batch profiles for hardware setups and I thought it may have been the old FSUIPC.ini files but I deleted it and still have the same issue with the new FSUIPC INI files.

FSX Acceleration

Radar Contact ver 4.3 3845

AS2012 SP1 Beta ver 4469

FSUIPC ver 4.823

FSWIDE 694

FS2Crew 737NGX ver 1.2

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Link needs to be changed from 4.283 to 4.284 in the .zip file name. Just start the link, then stop it quick, and change the version number in the address bar, go to the end of the address after zip with the cursor, and hit return.

It should now download 4.2834.

Pete: RC 4.3.3845 was the last released version so he's OK.

Wayne: Try running without FS2CREW. If that handles comms it might goof up ATIS if it has that facility.

Pete

Thanks but sorry your instructions to download the file did not work, I will wait for the new file to be posted

Ronzie

Cheers will give that a shot

Regards

Wayne

Ronzie

Made no difference without running fs2crew, everything in the RC ATIS was ok except it indicated a lot of cloud types when AS 2012 was sky clear

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such

Pete / Ronzie

Good news after some testing this seems to be fixed, Winds are now very close within a couple of knots and clouds are virtually matching give or take couple of hundered feet at times. The fix was to delete FSUIPC.dll along with any other files then reinstall the FSUIPC 4283 full version, thanks for your help guys

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such

The fix was to delete FSUIPC.dll along with any other files then reinstall the FSUIPC 4283 full version,

The only possible change that would do is delete your FSUIPC settings, and the only setting which would affect the weather supplied to RC is the optional one to STOP FSUIPC reading the weather from ASE/AS2012. Why you would have ever set that option I don't know, but there's nothing else just replacing FSUIPC with the same version is going to change anything otherwise.

Anyway, glad it is now working. I must remember in future to ask to see folks' settings (INI file) to make sure they've not opted out of some of these facilties. ;-)

Pete

Pete

yes it very strange this was the last thing i tried wouldnt be suprised if it rears it ugly head again down the track, in the past I have done a few FSUIPC upgrades so this time i removed and install the full FSUIPC package. interestingly enough i then loaded my old FSUIPC.ini profile that I use for my hardware setup and it still worked so in effect the old settings were in use, out of curiosity were you talking about the below line as I still use this in my old profile. I suppose moving forward i need to be careful using an old FSUIPC.ini incase there is a value change or addition added in a new version. I have about 7 different FSUIPC.ini files that are swapped out based on the hardware configuration needed for different aircraft, thanks for all your help Pete you are awesome.

UseASEweather=Yes

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such