Sign in to follow this  
Jay Perry

SDK

Ok, I have flown three flights in a row where FS2Crew is telling me that the SDK is not loading properly. What is causing this and is there anything I can do to make sure it does initialize properly?

Thanks,

Jay

Ok, I have flown three flights in a row where FS2Crew is telling me that the SDK is not loading properly. What is causing this and is there anything I can do to make sure it does initialize properly?

Thanks,

Jay

Please install/ re-install PMDG NGX SP1C forfor the 600/700 and 800/900.

Things that can cause the SDK not to load properly...

Note, this seems to vary from user to user...

1. Not starting in the 2D cockpit (sometimes yes, sometimes no)

2. Try loading the trike first then load the NGX (sometimes yes, sometimes no)

3. Using saved situation files.

4. "Resetting" or re-loading the aircraft.

Cheers,

Same here, Bryan. Uninstalled/re-installed both SP1c for the 737-600/700 and 737-800/900;plus same with your latest version; starting FSX in the default Trike, then switching to the PMDG 737NGX, but still I keep getting that SDK error message. Never had this issue with your 2nd SP. Wish I had saved the previous SP.

Add to that, when carrying out the Pre-Flight,despite the parking brake clearly being on, the F/O queries it.

Did not have this happen in the previous 2 versions.

Thanks for the offer, Bryan, but as I do not want to go through it all uninstalling/re-installing, which in itself is so time-consuming, asides from the fact that my FSX is on a non-Internet machine, I decided to sort all this out myself and have, after uninstalling everything related to the 737NGX, and FS2Crew, then re-installing all the PMDG 737NGX stuff in the sequence I first installed it way back in August 2011 to date, managed to get it all sorted now. No more female-voiced SDK error flag.

What a palaver.

Bryan, what is the matter with your program? Just after going through all that nonsense to get it all sorted, today, after having an issue with the logbook.bin file that prevented FSX firing up, and resolving that successfully, firing up the PMDG737NGX600-900 with your Button Version with no repaints, it worked. The minute I started adding repaints through the Livery Manager, I am back to square one. SDK error !!

Just a thought Rick, delete your options.ini files from FSX/PMDG/737NGX/aircraft folder. That will rebuild new ones that will marry up to SP1C, as some if not all repaints were done with previous versions.That should fix it. (I hope)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian. Thanks for that. Just replied to you elsewhere. Will try asap.

Hope it fixes the frustrating problem. I should have mentioned that the SP1c repaints on PMDG web site will be fine.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Weird how non-official repaints could possibly, maybe cause this.

That tells me those 3rd party repaints are probably messing with the Options.ini file somehow.

IMPORTANT!

If you delete the Options ini manually, you will need to manually re-add this line at the bottom:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

FS2Crew adds that line when you install FS2Crew.

It turns on the SDK basically.

Sorry Bryan, I never knew that one. I hope Rick reads your Post.

Edit: I am going to throw a curly one at you. I just checked all my Option ini files and there is no [sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1.

My copy of FS2Crew works without any issues whatsoever, I have not added any repaints since installing FS2Crew.

Here there is: Z:\Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG737NGX\Enable SDK an exe called file "SetOptionsIni_FSX.exe," does that automate the process ?

Edit #3 Ok, seems we are at cross purposes, I was referring to the Livery option ini, not the 737ngxoptions.ini. It is the livery ini files that must be deleted before installing FS2Crew. In other words, Livery's should be installed before FS2 CREW and livery option ini files renewed.

That's why I posted the directory in my intial post to Rick. Sorry for any confusion.

Cheers

Julian