Sign in to follow this  
BreezyPointDeparture

Rain on Windshield

In my opinion, it should be an option for those who have a rig that can handle it.

I agree Matt, if it was possible to code in the rain effect and was available as an option, then that would be great. I love the video, can't remember which one, it may be the FS2Crew promo for the Ifly, which shows the plane departing from the airport in the torturous rain and it looks fantastic! Looks very immersive. EDIT Yes, it is the FS2Crew vid...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

If I remember correctly has nothing to do with aircraft makers like pmdg its an fsx issue, microsoft left it out so fsx would have to be revised for it to work not addon aircraft guys, to bad.

Rich Sennett

I agree Matt, if it was possible to code in the rain effect and was available as an option, then that would be great. I love the video, can't remember which one, it may be the FS2Crew promo for the Ifly, which shows the plane departing from the airport in the torturous rain and it looks fantastic! Looks very immersive. EDIT Yes, it is the FS2Crew vid...

Holy crap! Here I was thinking the rain was worthless, but that vidoe made me want rain drops! But if its a choice between drops and system fidelity, then I can keep living without them. They sure are nice tho....

Also that music was pretty epic as well.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

It would be a nice option to have, but when you think about it, how often does it rain compared to it not raining? Also, the effect would be used for only a limited time during a flight - during takeoff, landing and taxi. Those phases really do make up a tiny portion of the majority of flights, thus making the use of computer resources and effects elsewhere more beneficial.

Just found this:

SDK's are software development kits, the tools that MS provides to all of us (you too can make addons if you have the skills, necessary) to make FS addons.

If an addon plane was designed for FS9 using the FS9 SDK and it has VC rain effects and it is directly ported over to FSX and the necessary VC rain files are copied over, you will have VC rain. If an addon is designed for FSX using the FSX SDK, it will have no rain VC effects.

Google vcrain.zip or rlvcrain.zip and you will find plenty on getting VC rain effects to work on FS9 addons ported over to FSX.

Rich Sennett

That FS2Crew video almost makes me want to install FS9 again just for the rain effects :LMAO: :LMAO:

Too bad ACES couldn't get the rain effects in FSX as they had been in FS9, or the snow effects for that matter.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That FS2Crew video almost makes me want to install FS9 again just for the rain effects :LMAO: :LMAO:

Too bad ACES couldn't get the rain effects in FSX as they had been in FS9, or the snow effects for that matter.

Sean Campbell

since didnt have fs9 so cant comment on that part but the pmdg js4100 has the rain effects and also ice effects as well on the wind screen

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It would be a nice option to have, but when you think about it, how often does it rain compared to it not raining? Also, the effect would be used for only a limited time during a flight - during takeoff, landing and taxi. Those phases really do make up a tiny portion of the majority of flights, thus making the use of computer resources and effects elsewhere more beneficial.

Dude try living in Europe for a bit! your lucky if it's not raining ;) the main reason why I moved abroad.

Just watched the ifly video and that's exactly wha I'm talking about. All the new FS9 jets have rain effects with working wipers and it adds a huge amount of immersion, it has nothing to do with compromising on system, just a ridiculous FSX limitation on animations.

Can anyone confirm if the ifly NG has rain effects?

Rob Prest

Dude try living in Europe for a bit! your lucky if it's not raining ;) the main reason why I moved abroad.

Exactly ha! I moved to Cali from London last August to do my training, our night time lows are England's day time highs! I don't need rain going over my windshield..

Can anyone confirm if the ifly NG has rain effects?

The FS9 version does the FSX does not...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

The FS9 version does the FSX does not...

strange i got the ifly with fsx and i get the rain effects on my wind screen but not in vc mode only in the 2d mode

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

strange i got the ifly with fsx and i get the rain effects on my wind screen but not in vc mode only in the 2d mode

Sorry, you're right Pete, not in the VC..

Howard

2D mode in FSX has always had it. The VC is where it's not normally possible unless you use animations - animated textures work in FS9 but were removed in FSX.

We will see on this when we reach the point of knowing how many animations we have left in the 777 VC - absolutely no guarantees though, I do still think it's unlikely.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com