Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Impressive comparison vs. POH

I think this is quite an impressive comparison between a $39.95 flight sim and actual POH cruise values:

ITT - 545C

TORQUE - 1122

PROP RPM - 1900

N1 RPM - 99.2

FSX Carenado C90B C90B POH

ALT - 17500 ALT - FL180

ISA - +5 ISA - 0

CAS - 185K CAS - 185K

TAS - 238K TAS - 242K

GS - 252K

FF - 294 PPH / TTL 588 PPH FF - 278 PPH / 556 TTL

Les Parson

Hello Les,

I have just discovered your post today. Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what was the weight of the aircraft for these test?

Once again thank for the informatioin

Benoit

I'm shocked someone actually noticed one of my posts. Searching my records, this was a VFR operation from KPMD (Palmdale, CA) to a classified location within the Nellis Test Range in Nevada.

TOW - 9580 LBS.

LGW - 8966 LBS.

Flight Time: 1.05

Fuel: 92 GAL.

Hello,

Your post give me the idea to try to compare the simulation with respect to the real aircraft.

I have bought the NATOPS Flight Manual Navy Model T-44A Aircraft. In this manual I have found the following data

weight.: 9500 lb

RPM : 1900 rpm

Altitude per engine : 4000 ft

Torque per engine : 1520 ft-lb

FF per engine : 368 lb/hr

IAS : 215 kt

On my computer with the C90B and service pack 2, I have, after adjusting the weight, and adjusting the propeler rpm

weight : 9500 lb

Altitude : 4000 ft

RPM : 1902 rpm

torque per engine : 1423 ft-lb

FF per engine : 396 lb/hr

IAS : 222 kt

The result are quite close. Bernt has done a great job.

Have a good day

Benoit

Guest Mik75

Impressive flight modeling done here by Mr. Stolle! Now I know by numbers why I love flying this beautiful aircraft! :Peace:

+1 ... Awesome achievement by Mr. Stolle. Want to fly by the numbers? He's the magic wand to get those planes on their paces.

Art Washton

Impressive flight modeling done here by Mr. Stolle! Now I know by numbers why I love flying this beautiful aircraft! :Peace:

These are the things I love!

Mr. Stolle is a genius!

David DD

Interesting. I took off fully loaded (1,955 lbs) from Denver Centennial KAPA and flew to Chicago Midway yesterday at 25,000. At 1,850 RPM with short and long interval fuel observations I burned off right at 480-486 lbs/hr during cruise (overall, not per engine). IAS was around 170 to 173. GS was usually around 260 knots. Had about a 30 knot TW.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

AirNav.com average Jet A price in central is 5.29 per gal (At least I think it was gallons). Your trip was costing you 375.60 per hour.. more if you brought along Doritos, Sodas and water!

Thats why I'm looking forward to my new TBM 850... Sure I'll have to leave a couple people behind.. but it'll be quieter, twice as fast, half the cost to operate, and way - way high on the "Don't I Look Pretty" meter.

Chicks Dig the 850. LOL.

While you wait I'll occasionally watch for you as I cruise N4690T with 33% less fuel burn than the TBM 580 you are waiting for. Or if I absolutely need to get there I'll use N501FP (further below) with burn rates in the mid 400 lbs/hr at cruise of up to 430 knots with a 41,000 service ceiling. Of course I'll need to wait for a more legitimate FSX rendition, but this one is enjoyable. BTW, Honda recently gained certification for it's fourth prototype, which should help it progress toward production. The incredibly efficient Honda-designed jet engines are being built by GE under license from Honda, and GE will be able to peddle them to other manufacturers.

P46TN4690T-L.jpg

HondaJet2-L.jpg

Passing Mt Hood Oregon at 10,000 ft on the way in to KPDX.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Fppilot: LOL, yes the Piper is a fine bird with similar styling of the TBM.. without the speed, Garman G1000 package, Higher MTOW, and range. As a Harley Davidson enthusiast, I can't get into (or on) a Honda of any kind... regardless of features or capabilities!! Oh the horror of such a thing!!

BMD: Thank you!! Great find.

I can't get into (or on) a Honda of any kind... regardless of features or capabilities!! Oh the horror of such a thing!!

Well, the Harleys certainly provide, shall we say, more of a "sensory" experience! My wife is into the antique experience as well, though that has nothing to do with motorcycles!

Motorcycles aside, the HondaJet is an innovative aircraft that nobody should refuse as an aviation experience!

Frank Patton
ASUS