Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How to install Orbx scenery in non FSX Drive?

It never asked me where I wanted the Orbx installed. I generally do not addon sceneries other than airports sceneries in FSX Drive.

All my Mega scenery etc goes on a seperate hard drive. When I installed PNW, it just went about installing on my FSX drive without even asking me where I wanted Installed.

Especially when I go SDD, this is totally unacceptable.

Any ideas how I can install/move the Orbx around?

Thanks

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

As I understand it, all Orbx sceneries must be installed in the main FSX directory/folder (that is why it doesn't give you an option- it automatically searches Registry for the location of FSX in your system). Now, where that directory resides is another matter. If that directory resides on a separate drive, then you should be golden- Orbx should install itself to *that* particular separate drive (as long as FSX also resides there [it will install to that same FSX directory]). If, however, your main FSX directory resides on your PC's principal hard drive ("C") or on some other separate drive, and you have yet another separate drive onto which you install most of your other addons and onto which you wish to install the Orbx products, then I suspect that you may be out of luck. Rusty

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

Manny,

you can move your entire ORBX folder to another drive with a junction point.

I did the same with some other folders and it works flawless.Read here:

http://www.sim-outho...ace...by-P38man

Michael

Thanks Mike. I'll try that out

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I know I am ressurecting an old thread here but if anyone sees this pop up on the recents and could provide some help I would appreciate it. I followed the link and the instructions for moving the ORBX folder and then creating a junction point. The problem is that I get an unhandled exception when I run the FTX central. Any ideas?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I know I am ressurecting an old thread here but if anyone sees this pop up on the recents and could provide some help I would appreciate it. I followed the link and the instructions for moving the ORBX folder and then creating a junction point. The problem is that I get an unhandled exception when I run the FTX central. Any ideas?

Mike,

This seems like a genuine and valid support issue to me? Have you tried the official ORBX support forums?

If so did they help and could you explain what steps were taken by you and them?

Stuff like this is fundamental and the solution would make a useful "sticky"?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

That will be because it has not worked. You need to repeat the process.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well its been awhile since I posted regarding this thread. I have had some horrendous issues with BSOD's after installing a new SSD and I have had to re-install windows and FSX 6 times to get it stable. I even backed up from an image but that became corrupted. I think I finally have a stable install. I am also happy to report that I did bridge the ORBX scenery using the method described and it works flawlessly. So, thank you. This will make a good reference thread.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

When applying this bridge should the orbx scenery library in fsx be deleted and have it pointed to the new D drive ?

ZORAN

Another question after creating the bridge, when I install other Orbx scenery did the installe will place new file into the E:\ORBX drive ?

Using FTX central does work with this method ?

Thank you

I moved all of fsx secenery , planes etc over with junction point and it was super easy.

However I did not move ORBX because My fsx SSD was nearly empty so I just left it due to faster loading times and more to the point FTX central

I tried to move it all over a while back and could not run ORBX nor central and I couldn't restore it either. It took 6 hours to find a fix and now all is fine but not tempted to try again..

ZORAN

I tried to move it all over a while back and could not run ORBX nor central and I couldn't restore it either. It took 6 hours to find a fix and now all is fine but not tempted to try again..

This what I thought, so we can't move orbx stuff without getting trouble what a shame I can't install many scenery that I bought from them.

It's insane with all developer we can install everywhere  but they are too much lazy to do that .

Anyway

Thank's

It is possible to manually move it.

I did, cause I only have a 128GB SSD and my orbx scenery is like 40GB.. so I moved it to my much bigger HDD.  Is a pain but worth it at the end.