Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

The P-40! Released At Microsoft Flight.

ss1.jpg

P-40

Famous for its "shark mouth" paint jobs, the P-40 was one of the most popular Allied fighter planes in WWII. This classic aircraft's agility makes it ideal for tests of maneuverability such as collecting Aerocaches.

The version in Microsoft Flight is the P-40B, with a 1000 HP in-line V-12 engine and a top speed of over 300 knots.

No Cockpit view is included.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://microsoftfli.../marketplace/#5

Something about that texturing isn't digesting with me. It looks copper plated. Perhaps its the angle..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I know this has been said ad nauseum already, but:

How different can the P-51, Zero and P-40 be when flown from a chase camera view?

I'd be interested to know how many of these planes MS are selling...

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

I know this has been said ad nauseum already, but:

How different can the P-51, Zero and P-40 be when flown from a chase camera view?

Indeed. Comparison cockpit-less planes and Mule.

I am a little amused that MS releases again a cockpitless warbird, actively knowing, by more than 200 posts of there customers, that almost nobody is interested in any cockpitless plane and also the majority is not interested in warbirds. At least not if you cannot use the guns. So i beg all of you not to buy as money seems to be the only thing that counts. The more as you need not to buy the plane to watch it flying from the outside. You can just follow some other Multiplayer dude who bought it. Than i even do not have to mess around with steering ;-)

Nevertheless I love Flight, the RV6 the Maule and the Stearman. The weather and graphics are just awesome. So much more fun than any other sim. And i hope that the guy responsible for developing cockpitless warbirds will retire soon, or will be moved to the Alaska dev team.

Not surprised considering it does not have a VC. I've stopped playing MS Flight now, i'm more immersed with my Carenado 337 and Orbx sceneries.

Is it not much the same thing with multiple 'samey' cars in Forza, say? I'm pretty sure my sons used to prefer to 'drive' cars from the exterior view anyway - was never my thing, but we might actually be surprised at the preferences of the masses. Assuming like many above that cockpitless = Fail might not be accurate. And assuming that 'not buying' by the niche 'sim fans' will change anything may be misguided...

Roll on Alaska and a decent plane you can fly from inside...

+1

In the meantime, I’ll enjoy Flight with what I have.

A healthy amount of optimism there :smile: I like it

I hope you're right!

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

indeed w/o a cockpit. too sad. I am stuck at my 180hrs flight time these weeks as I do still fly occasionally in flight but I REALLY need something new. and no, no cockpitless tail dragger warplanes.only good thing about it: ms must have fully exhausted now the possible war bird range for the next 6 months or so, so I am happy to see some REAL aircraft with cockpits soon .or hey, just make the autopilot work in the maule or rv and I am happy, too.

I am just afraid that all these 'monthly planes' will be some fun planes w/o cockpit as the short history shows because they are rather easy to accomplish, and I am also afraid these will be all sort of warplanes as I cannot imagine how flying in a cockpitless beech or kingair would be any fun. too sad.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Many more cockpitless WWII planes will come in the next months !!

Stay tuned