Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Condensation effects?

We all know the 777 always has condensation, especially around those 110/5B's! Could you possibly add condensation on the Engines and wings or not possible? I saw it on my IRIS F-15 and looks so good!

Cheers

That would probably eat up a lot of performance for some users.

Now if they could add water spray after selecting full reverse, that would be awesome. But please tell me the -90s are being modeled...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Now if they could add water spray after selecting full reverse, that would be awesome. But please tell me the -90s are being modeled...

I guess, I thought to myself after posting maybe it's pointless seen we can't exactly see it. Unless you view in Spot view or something ha. I think they're modelling the most popular GE's for the 772/ER's. Definitely the T800 & PW.

GE90-115B will be the first engine modeled. (it's on the 200LR, 300ER and the freighter)

I don't know about the condensation stuff - that's definitely not "always" present, it depends on the atmospheric conditions. I'll ask though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The type of engines used on the 777-200LR, -300ER, and 777F is up to the operator of the aircraft, They are usually the GE90-110B or GE90-115B. Both are extremely powerful engines. :Peace:

The type of engines used on the 777-200LR, -300ER, and 777F is up to the operator of the aircraft, They are usually the GE90-110B or GE90-115B. Both are extremely powerful engines. :Peace:

Not exactly true. On the B777-200LR and 777F the engines available are the GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B1. The 777-300ER is only certified for use with the 115B1 variant. The 110B1 version simply produces about 5000 lbs less thrust. My understanding is that the engines can be upgraded to a 115B1 variant if the software gets changes by GE Aviation, its not free though!

GE90-115B will be the first engine modeled. (it's on the 200LR, 300ER and the freighter)

I don't know about the condensation stuff - that's definitely not "always" present, it depends on the atmospheric conditions. I'll ask though.

That's great news to hear you're putting the 115 on the 77L! Can't wait to hear the sounds and see those engine blades once you guys are done with the texturing for them. Ok cheers Ryan!

you must be joking! how on gods earth can a simple effect file affect the performance? all effects needed are allready available from different developers, PSS - inside the engines, SSTSIM - on the wings, reverser or simply behind the engines during rain - a freeware effect file. All these clearly showed us that effects don't eat fps at all and are possible!

I do like sound of the condensation and water spray effect. Though it does effect FPS due to polygons being produced. If it is that much of a FPS hit then surely it could be an option rather than not have it all because some people complain about performance hit's on their computers.

...how can a simple effect file affect the performance?...

Are you being serious? How long have you been around FSX?

First you have the effect itself, that needs to be stored somewhere. Then you need the mechanism of applying the effect. That requires code that is in memory, ready to run. Of course, the thing you are going to apply the effect to needs to be aware of it and be able to react correctly to the different levels of effect, even if it is only on or off, so naturally it has to be larger to cope with this additional information. Then you have the decision logic? "Do I go now?", "What about now?", "Now?", "How about now?". That code has to run all the time, measuring all the environmental factors that influence the effect, and don't for one minute think that you can limit it to running just some of the time. Look what happend when Aces tried that with the spray from the wheels on a wet runway. They thought they could get away with running the check only when there was weight on wheels, so the checking code does not run after you have taken off. The consequence of that is that once turned on, the spray effect effect never gets turned off and we both know how ridiculous that looks.

oh come on, program code consists of simple "else" - "if" commands, how difficult can it be to be written? pmdg has shown us how detailed coding can be, they even have a TERR function on the ND, and you tell me they couldn't write a few lines extra for effect files?

btw i'm in the community since 2001

oh come on, program code consists of simple "else" - "if" commands, how difficult can it be to be written? pmdg has shown us how detailed coding can be, they even have a TERR function on the ND, and you tell me they couldn't write a few lines extra for effect files?

Well he was answering your question about the effect file affecting the performance (no pun intended), i.e. FPS, for instance, and not about how easy or difficult it is to write the program

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Ok then, explain to me why a get a drop in FPS when there are dense clouds around? When I start up one of the old A2A warbirds and smoke pours out on a cold day? When I approach a big airport at night with thousands of lights?

btw i'm in the community since 2001

Then I would have expected you to know better by now.

Think of any area you have real expertise in. Now think how you feel when you hear someone say "its only...". I have 30 years commercial software development experience and so I am forced to agree that you are technically correct when you say that programming is mainly about putting ifs and elses in the right place (and filling in the bits between) but I am not sure I could agree that it was simple. However, I don't have to. There are thousands of websites that will give you coding examples in every language you can imagine and there are thousands of people willing to pay you to write good working code. If you genuinely believe coding to be simple, you should have no problem learning how to do it in your spare time and making a fortune. If it helps motivate you, one guy I work with has cleared his mortgage completly based on what he earned from two apple and one android app.