Sign in to follow this  
byork

The new way to Train the Speech Recognizer for "Specific Words" like Auto

We're finding that some users, particularly users with British sounding accents, are sometimes have trouble getting "Auto" to be recognized due to their accents.

Here's the new and improved method for training the speech recognition system to accurately detect specific words that you're having trouble with:

1. Open the Microsoft Windows Speech Recognizer and RIGHT CLICK the microphone icon. You can open the Windows Speech Recognizer by typing "Speech Recognition" in the search for programs box in the Windows Start Menu.

speech1.JPG

2. Select "OPEN THE SPEECH DICTIONARY" and select "ADD A NEW WORD".

speech2.JPG

3. When done, close or turn off the Windows Speech Recognizer. It CANNOT be running while using FS2Crew or your voice commands will start controlling Windows functions a well, such as opening and closing windows.

Unless you were joking or I'm taking it incorrectly, I think you are misunderstanding it there Paul, the idea is to teach the system how you say "Auto", not for you to imitate the American default!

I assume it associates your pronunciation with the "text" word.

ngxu_banner.png

No not joking, I had an issue when going through the pre-flight check list FO "Pressurization Mode Selector" Capt "Auto" I had to say next or checked to be able to move on or try the american accent. Having "ADDED THE WORD" it works fine now everytime, or is that just lucky? There are a couple of other words in the flows I can't get to work correctly (how to respond to fuel during the before start checklist)

Never had a problem with "auto" but I can't get it to recognise "kilograms" of fuel no matter what I do. It's OK with "tons" though so although it may not be strictly correct, I say "9.3 tonnes" rather than "9 3 0 0 kilograms".

ngxu_banner.png

This is very curious, if I pronounce 'auto' properly (standard English accent) sometimes my F/O doesn't recognize it, but if I pronounce it with a strong Spanish accent, no problem at all, sure my F/O is well trained...

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

I have Spanish accent. The only problem is with "RTO". My FO recognize only the word sometimes. I need pronounce "R T O" slow and spell.

Jorge H.

My personal issue is instead "flaps .... green lights"... first part ok, but instead of "green lights" I always get hilarious guesses on the green bar! Sometimes they really distact me laughingh at how the hell (or how bad is my italo-english prononciation) the computer could inderstood something like that! Just%20Kidding.gif

BTW, I also had lot of issues with "auto" and they got fixed with the training proceudre above but still no luck with "green lights"..

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

Train greens lights like this.. use a whole sentence... this is copied directly from the FS2Crew NGX speech recognition speech grammar file...

flaps one green light

flaps five green light

flaps ten green light

flaps fifteen green light

flaps twenty five green light

flaps thirty green light

flaps forty green light

Thanks Bryan,

Am gonna try this also.

The only word I am ever having problems with is "Armed", hopefully this might be the solution.

Cheers