Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

You Might Want to Read this Real Close

For those of you that will discount this as a rant; don't. It is not and it is very serious...

There is a minority of folk who insist on coming in here and repeating themselves to the point of embarrassment. Their mantra? They don't like FLIGHT. They don't like what MS did. They don't like anyone LIKING FLIGHT. They don't like what they THINK MS is up to (whatever the hell that may be)... Many of them are old timers in this hobby who believe that they have the right to post their opinion anywhere, anytime, and on any subject they so choose, no matter the requests of us and their peers.

You know what? Those folk have no respect for AVSIM. They have no respect for you - those that are enjoying the product or trying to. The thing that really bugs me is that their constant harping here about what is wrong, bad, perceived sins of MS, whatever, shows absolutely no respect for this free organization called AVSIM and our volunteers that are trying to make this a positive experience for everyone ON ANY SUBJECT.

I resent that. I resent the attitude that these folks exhibit and the total dismissal of our attempts to make this a better place on the net than elsewhere, no matter the topic. I resent the "I know better than you, and I am going to continue to intrude, berate, belittle and denigrate, no matter what."

I have drawn a line tonight... A volunteer of ours, who is a well known minister, was subjected to abuse today from one of those that only participates here to disrupt. It comes to an end now. Here it is in a nut shell:

You have a problem with MS over FLIGHT?

You don't like the fact that FLIGHT was introduced over a new version of MSFS?

You have an issue with MS' approach to DLC's and marketing the product?

You have a problem with no cockpits?

You have a problem with limited scenery?

You have a problem with the marketing, philosophy, or business aspects of MS and FLIGHT?

You have a problem with others enjoying FLIGHT because you don't?

You have a problem with MS because you KNOW where they are taking the product and it doesn't suit you?

Too bad... stay away from here. We have heard your bleating rants, your all knowing "facts" about the product, plans and success / failure of it, your self-aggrandizing, your arm chair lawyering, your know-it-all BS, and frankly, you have worn out your welcome in the FLIGHT forum as a result...

I have said it before... We have over 80,000 users active in these forums. We are not going to allow a small handful to ruin it for the rest. Yes, and we also know that you believe it is far more than a handful that agree with you... Okay, start a movement, but not here.

If you are here to denigrate FLIGHT and continue to rant about subjects that have been repeated and dwelt upon in thousands of posts, then leave. Go to a forum or site that meets your expectations, allows your unfettered and continuous spew and leave the members here alone. Continue and you will be banned. No warning, no further niceties... Just banned. And we don't care who you are, who you think you are, what you have "contributed" to the hobby (or not) or how long you have been a member here. You will be gone.

And for those of you that are trying to argue the fine points... There are none. This forum is for the support of those FLIGHT users who do want to do something with the product, whatever that may be. This is a forum just like any other forum on AVSIM. It is here to support those that own the product and want to learn, address issues, and learn from others. It is not for those with an agenda, a bur up their butt, or for those that perceive they have been wronged by Microsoft, anyone on the team, or imagined MS conspiracies against them and their hobby.

If you don't like this post, send me a PM requesting your account be deleted, and we'll be happy to accommodate you in a heart beat.