Sign in to follow this  
CptVito

737MAX by PMDG ?

Hi PMDG staff,

Simple question,

Are you considering an extension 737 MAX ?

Fews pics :)

Regards

Kevin

Those look like artist's impressions of the exterior. I wouldn't expect anything MAX-related until there is performance numbers or other information is available.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Because they want to go as realistic as possible within the simulator. Releasing an extension based on some artist impressions doesn't really go together with that strategy.

Is the cockpit any different?

Imo, I wouldn't buy a MAX extension if the cockpit remained the same. Even though all those cool changes to the cabin are shown in the latest MAX video by Boeing, I primarily fly my planes from the captain's seat, not seat 16A. :P

Because they want to go as realistic as possible within the simulator. Releasing an extension based on some artist impressions doesn't really go together with that strategy.

I'm not asking for an extension next week.

These images are not of the imagination.

The 737MAX is a concrete project.

Moreover, these images are just for information purposes only for those who are not familiar with this project :)

Simple question to the team 'PMDG' to see if they have already spoken, or if theyconsider possible (after the manufacture of the aircraft), to be able to make an extension.

cordially

Kevin

I primarily fly my planes from the captain's seat, not seat 16A

Now there is an idea.. Lets fly from seat 16A.. LOL

spacer.png

Now there is an idea.. Lets fly from seat 16A.. LOL

That's actually possible... If you have a crew member directing you from the windshield.

The MAX will be in service in 2017, at the earliest. They'll need quite some time to gather all the extra data needed. So 2018 would be the earliest I see PMDG doing the add on. To be fair, I don't think the NGX will still be a priority project in 6 years.

The MAX will be in service in 2017, at the earliest. They'll need quite some time to gather all the extra data needed. So 2018 would be the earliest I see PMDG doing the add on. To be fair, I don't think the NGX will still be a priority project in 6 years.

The NGX V2.0 countdown begins :wink:

That's actually possible... If you have a crew member directing you from the windshield.

How would that be possible during a monitored approach?

The NGX V2.0 countdown begins :wink:

Hm, 2018? My bet would be that the NGX V2.0 will be a full-motion sim including the brunette F/A...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

This has actually been done, on the first ever Boeing 737, which is now preserved: The 737 was sold by Boeing to NASA after a few years of it laying dormant in a Boeing hangar, who then used it to develop FMC designs in the late 1970s. And to do that, as well as for trying out new yoke designs and other cockpit innovations, NASA actually built a second flight deck in the cabin of that very first 737-100, so that pilots could control the aircraft from there using new control layouts from non visual references. There was always a crew on the original conventionally-equipped flight deck in the main cockpit area as a safety measure of course, who could take over if things went awry, but it was perfectly possible for a complete flight to be entirely conducted from the second flight deck in the cabin area.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This has actually been done, on the first ever Boeing 737, which is now preserved: The 737 was sold by Boeing to NASA after a few years of it laying dormant in a Boeing hangar, who then used it to develop FMC designs in the late 1970s. And to do that, as well as for trying out new yoke designs and other cockpit innovations, NASA actually built a second flight deck in the cabin of that very first 737-100, so that pilots could control the aircraft from there using new control layouts from non visual references. There was always a crew on the original conventionally-equipped flight deck in the main cockpit area as a safety measure of course, who could take over if things went awry, but it was perfectly possible for a complete flight to be entirely conducted from the second flight deck in the cabin area.

Al

Didn't know that. I was just saying that for fun. Guess I was right.

Guys, let's be realistic. Those images are not final. They are not "just for information purposes only for those who are not familiar with this project". Those images are conceptions made by Boeing's designers of what the final product may look like. Boeing is still working on other modifications to the fuselage. They probably don't even know if the systems will be the same. The cockpit layout may change.

The airplane is cheduled to do it's first flight in 2017. Until then, there will be no concrete performance data. On the first flights, Boeing itself will be evaluating the behavior of the aircraft to see if it match their plans. So how could PMDG know something the manufacturer itself doesn't? Above all: we don't even know what will happen in the next 5 years. If the world really ends at 12/21/2012, there will be no MAX Nail%20Biting.gif For some crazy reason, Boeing could cancel the MAX development and create the 797.

Let's wait aonther 5 or 6 years before returning to this subject.

Matheus Mafra

I can see where everyone is coming from, it would be nice thou. iMO