Sign in to follow this  
razorhog703

F4U Corsair

:Praying: Please dev team release this aircraft. No kidding, if you release this one I will buy it for sure whether or not there is a cockpit to fly with. Being from the Navy this aircraft would be very fun for me to fly.

classic-airplanes-6.jpg

Nicknames for the F4U Corsair included : U Bird, The Hog, The Ensign Eliminator, Old Hog-Nose, The Bent-Wing Bird, Whistling Death, Sweetheart of Okinawa, Horseshoe, and The Great Iron Bird.

The nickname "Ensign Eliminator" came from the fact that inexperienced pilots could have accidents with the F4U Corsairs due to the powerful engine.

The nickname "Whistling Death" was reportedly given to the F4U Corsair because of the destinctive sound that the aircraft made in flight.

CORSAIR.JPG

DSC_4754.jpg

f4u_kp_t.jpg

:Praying: This is one warbird on my wishlist.

:American Flag: USA Forever!!

A very challenging aircraft that I feel would be very rewarding in Flight. True aviation at it's best. :)

Please dev team release this aircraft.

Very unlikely imo as this plane not part of the Flying Heritage Collection.

We're more likely to see the Ilyushin Il-2.

Very unlikely imo as this plane not part of the Flying Heritage Collection.

We're more likely to see the Ilyushin Il-2.

I'm expecting it will be a plane traditionally associated with Hawaii in some way, like the previous ones, as well as being in the museum. F6F seems most likely, although I'm hoping for a B-25. But I'll buy anything with a cockpit.

There's no "US Navy" fighter yet, so I'll say F6F.

I once read an article stating you could not make a right-hand turnout on a carrier take-off with a Corsair. The premise being that you used up all the right rudder just keep the plane going straight. I've always wondered if there was any truth to the article.

The F4U Corsair was by far the most beautiful plane flown in ww2 in my opinion. I always loved the wing design and would also love to see this one in flight. This goes without saying but.... cockpit would be a hell of a lot better than no cockpit :Kiss:

F6F seems most likely,

An excellent candidate too... I mention the IL-2 since it debuts after the Zero (in June).

I once read an article stating you could not make a right-hand turnout on a carrier take-off with a Corsair.

I would not be surprised at all... huge prop and tremendous Hp combined with low speed (less rudder authority)... wouldn't surprise me at all...

Pretty sure too the Corsair had to make a continuous left turn to the ship to trap as just impossible to see over the nose.

Hi,

Seeing as the three released warbirds are copies (identical) of the aircraft existing in "The World Heritage" collection, it seems unlikely that the Corsair will be next. It's not part of the collection.

My guess is the next will be the Messerschmitt Bf109.

Jim F.

I once read an article stating you could not make a right-hand turnout on a carrier take-off with a Corsair. The premise being that you used up all the right rudder just keep the plane going straight. I've always wondered if there was any truth to the article.

This may be due to the fact that if you make a right turn you would be crossing the path of the bridge of the carrier. This is due to the bridge being on the right side of the ship. Doing so would endanger the crew, captain, and navigation of the ship. But I may be just speculating.

Maybe we'll finally get a twin? P-38 anybody?

Oh, I didn't know that they were following that format.

Well, we don't know for sure, but that's how things look so far. All the warbirds are in Paul Allen's museum (meaning, the Flight team probably has easy access to the planes) and have had some association with the Pacific theater of WWII.

Oh, I didn't know that they were following that format

A few of us are guessing they are. No proof though, so if they break the pattern we'll know we were wrong. :Idea:

Add a detailed Vc and I'll purchase whatever the next aircraft is.

Personally I'd like a corsair or hellcat along with a WWll carrier, imagine how fun that would be in multiplayer

Best, Michael

KDFW

hmmm, hopefully they will release one of the vintage Naval fighters. (with working folding wings) :Peace: