The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- MegaSceneryEarth 50% off through Labor Day
- EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- 25 Percent off at FS2Crew. Coupon Code: SCHOOL2014
- LatinVFR San Juan 20% Off @ Simmarket
- Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction
- Razbam Super Sale! Harrier and Metroliner for $20
- Wing Commander 3 Free until 2 September
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- FS2004 Add-ons
- For sale RSP TQ
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- ASUS Rampage III Formula
- 737 Yoke from Ace for sale
- EVGA GeForce GTX650 1GB Superclocked 01G-P4-2652-KR [SHIPS WORLDWIDE]
- KingWin Lazer Power Supply 1000 Watts with Universal Modular Connectors/3 Way LED Switch/80 Plus Bronze ATX
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Attn New or Budget Constrained Simmers
. . .
Updating NAV database....
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 AM
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Rating
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?!" - Seal, Crazy, 1990
Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:18 PM
Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.
What airplanes do you fly and what databases do they use?
Many jets now come with updateable Navdata for their FMS or GPS systems
and many GA aircraft can be equipped with Reality XP Garmin GNS systems
that can be upgraded to June 2011..
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 AM