What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FeelThere 30% off until 04/07
- Active Sky Next - 30% off at SimMarket!
- REX4 TD (and others) now on sale 25% Off!
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Drzewiecki Design Easter Sale 30% off
- Flysimware 50% off on SimMarket
- FlightSystems Spring Promo, Free Payware!
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 80% off $4.99 now to Mar 30 End
- EDDK Köln/Bonn from Aerosoft for €14,48 / $14.29
- Airline2Sim Q400 Cadet Training Course 50% off
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Saitek Flight Sim components for sale New-in Box ever used
- Edtracker for sale
- Saitek TPM Panel (throttle,mixture and prop) ** WANTED **
- Selling my GTX Titan Superclocked
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- Precision Flight Controls PFC Yoke, Rudders, Throttles + GoFlight Panels
- For Sale 1947 Piper PA12
- Real 737 Overhead and Aft Overhead For Sale
. . .
Updating NAV database....
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 AM
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Rating
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?!" - Seal, Crazy, 1990
Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:18 PM
Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.
What airplanes do you fly and what databases do they use?
Many jets now come with updateable Navdata for their FMS or GPS systems
and many GA aircraft can be equipped with Reality XP Garmin GNS systems
that can be upgraded to June 2011..
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 AM