What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- What did you buy over the holidays and how do you like it?
- Mega sims sale
- Star Citizen's Limited Ship Sale till Feb 1
- Just Flight Canberra Download
- X-Plane 10 with 50% off on Steam for the next 47 hours
- Flightbeam New Years Sale
- Abacus FS Repaint v2
- Rex 4direct
- Heads up! It's the captainsim annual "everything for 9,99 24h sale"!
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
- 737 and Misc Sim parts for Sale
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- X52 Pro flight controls used $100
- Custom Flight Sim PC For Sale - Upgrade to a faster system now!
- Trade a GoFlight MCP-Advanced for RP48
- Saitek Proflight Yoke
- ***GAMING PC*** with £1,000 of FSX Addons [UK ONLY]
- For Sale Boeing 737 MCP and EFIS
- my evga gtx580 for sale scotland uk
. . .
Updating NAV database....
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 AM
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Rating
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?!" - Seal, Crazy, 1990
Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:18 PM
Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.
What airplanes do you fly and what databases do they use?
Many jets now come with updateable Navdata for their FMS or GPS systems
and many GA aircraft can be equipped with Reality XP Garmin GNS systems
that can be upgraded to June 2011..
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 AM