Sign in to follow this  
TangoWhiskey

Updating NAV database....

Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.

Thanks!

Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.

Thanks!

What airplanes do you fly and what databases do they use?

Many jets now come with updateable Navdata for their FMS or GPS systems

and many GA aircraft can be equipped with Reality XP Garmin GNS systems

that can be upgraded to June 2011..

Bert

The bottom line answer is yes, it's possible, but no, it's not easy. The data are spread among a large number of files. In some cases there are tools that have been biult to facilitate updating, but in other cases there's nothing (for example, AFAIK, the only way to update airspace boundaries is by hand. But there is the file with ATC center data bvcf.bgl that I don't think has been decoded yet. That one probably isn't a big deal.

scott s.