What's new in the Library
Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
AVSIM Team Speak System
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- FSX Add-on for Apple Watch
- FSX Virtavia 50% off at Simmarket
- Concorde+Orbx Sale at Aerosoft
- Simmarket sale on KSNA
- Dreamfoil Bell 407 19.95 (43% off) at x-plane store
- Great Deal on Orbx addons at the flightsimstore.com!
- Flysimware 50% Off
- SimSkunkWorks 50% Off Sale
- MyTraffic 6 FSX+FSXSE+P3D - 40% off at simMarket
- ForSale: Unopened Orbx North America Airports DVDs $5 each!
- GoFlight GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module $120
- Goflight GF-RP48 Rotary/Pushbutton module $100
- For Sale: i7-3700k, Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, Corsair Platinums 2133MHZ
- WANTED: TrackIR w/TrackClip Pro
- TrackIR 5 - Track Clip for Hat
- For Sale: i7-2600k, ROG Z68 mATX
- GTX 970 SC and Dell U3011 2560x1600 monitor...
- For Sale: GTX 970 Superclocked
- Couple of Pokeys56E for sale
. . .
Updating NAV database....
Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:39 AM
Fort Worth, TX, USA
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Rating
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?!" - Seal, Crazy, 1990
Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:18 PM
Is there a way to update FSX's NAV / GPS / approach database to use current fix names and locations? I'm a real pilot, and find I need to keep some old charts / approach books around, as FSX doesn't keep pace with NAVDATA changes.
What airplanes do you fly and what databases do they use?
Many jets now come with updateable Navdata for their FMS or GPS systems
and many GA aircraft can be equipped with Reality XP Garmin GNS systems
that can be upgraded to June 2011..
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:06 AM