Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

ATC addon for FSX

Is there such thing as a Air Traffic Controller addon for FSX? Like something similar to the built in fsx ATC, but more realistic and improved?

There is two actually but both have robot voice . There is radar contact i think that is what is called, an there is VoxATC. Not to much realistic in voice since its sound like a robot every time you talk to it. But other than that i herd VOXATC is good an many pilots use it on Real Cockpit Simulator .

Check this video out you might like it -

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Is there such thing as a Air Traffic Controller addon for FSX? Like something similar to the built in fsx ATC, but more realistic and improved?

I Use Radar Contact after upgrading my computer im 'new' to fsx and had been using it for fs9... it works great with fsx but as said above the voices kinda sounds robotic but for the most part i dont fly with out.....P.s you can only use radar contact for IFR flights... i use the defualt atc for VFR

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

EditVoicePack4. Uses the default voices in FSX but completely changes the phraseology per FAA or ICAO procedures, and you can speed up the speech by several increments (spoken faster but the pitch doesn't change) from the lethargically slow default rate. You even hear all the "g'days, goodbyes, thanks, etc." that you hear between pilots and controllers in real world flying. The result is that you hear significantly more realistic chatter between aircraft and controllers in the sim.

Also includes countless additional callsigns and nomenclatures, so when you install new AI aircraft you'll hear the controllers call them what they actually are. You can install even more custom callsigns that often come with add-on AI packages.

EditVoicePack is very easy to use and has a professional feel in it's presentation.

And the best part: it's free!

This is one of those essential addons that I refuse to fly FSX without.

One question does editvoicepack 4 have real voices an not robotic onces like VOXATC an so on?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

EditVoicepack doesn't provide new voices. It just edits the existing MS recordings to make them faster, and speak new words (airline names that weren't recorded for example) all using the same voices.

It's worth a shot, if only to accelerate the controllers speech. At busy airports, it can be a real challenge to get your message through.

One question does editvoicepack 4 have real voices an not robotic onces like VOXATC an so on?

EditVoicePack4. Uses the default voices in FSX but completely changes the phraseology per FAA or ICAO procedures......