Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

RXP 1.6 and Baytower RV7

Installing latest RXP patch disables buttons on RV7...

Any ideas?

nm... I forgot to put in the .ini shortcuts from the baytower folder! fixed

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

nm... I forgot to put in the .ini shortcuts from the baytower folder! fixed

Ah, I was having the same issue..... now fixed, thank you.

Chris Bremmer

A bit OT- but how do you all find the RV-7? I'm thinking of getting a new GA aircraft, and have the RxP GNS530W already. I've read a review here, it sounds like a very stable model and one that has some HP to have some fun with..... How would you all rate it as an IFR machine? And what's the VC night lighting like? I have visited the BayTower site, some good info on the forum there....

Thanks- Bruce.

Most entertaining plane there is for FSX right now in my opinion. Works fine for IFR if you can live without ADF.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hi,

Best GA aircraft for FSX at the moment!

Great fun to fly as it's such a versatile design being so fast but also capable of slow flight and short fields, and excellent at aero's too.

Flight model (I hear) is accurate, sounds are exceptional, and the detailing superb, plus loads of fantastic repaints are available.

Stable enough for IFR, but not properly equipped for it (no NDB or clock), but it has a useful non-complex autopilot, though in my opinion, it's better to hand fly this a/c manually and to trim it out.

Good luck!

[PS. Better for IFR is RealAir's equally agile SF260]

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I have both the RV7 and the Katana 4X and would have to say the Katana wins the prize as "best GA" for me. Mainly because it has extremely detailed simulation of every aspect about this aircraft (maintenance, persistent state, servicing, instructor mode), plus the model is nice and flight dynamics feel great. It also has great documentation, where the RV7 doco is still being written (although I'm sure they will answer any questions directly)

But the choice of plane is important too. Aerobatics is not allowed in the Katana, and it's cruise is only around 80kias.

But the RV-7, boy is that a sporty joy to just jump in and fly. It fits in for fun flights but also if you need to cover larger distance the speed helps.

They both work with RXP.

A bit OT- but how do you all find the RV-7? I'm thinking of getting a new GA aircraft, and have the RxP GNS530W already. I've read a review here, it sounds like a very stable model and one that has some HP to have some fun with..... How would you all rate it as an IFR machine? And what's the VC night lighting like? I have visited the BayTower site, some good info on the forum there....

Thanks- Bruce.

http://www.baytower.ca/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373752-rxp-16-and-baytower-rv7/

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

But the choice of plane is important too. Aerobatics is not allowed in the Katana, and it's cruise is only around 80kias.

Which is why I like real life RVs. I'd often head out on cross country flights of 300+ miles.........to very scenic destinations. Get there fast, and have

plenty of time to enjoy the area. As to ADFs, most new aircraft sold in the USA, haven't installed them for many years. They're terribly expensive for

what they are, and the GPS will show all NDB locations...........if they haven't been dismantled.

L.Adamson

Speaking of that... is it legal to fly and NDB approach with GPS? Or does the approach plate have to say NDB or GPS-B (as an example)?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Speaking of that... is it legal to fly and NDB approach with GPS?

I'm pretty sure the answer is still no. There must be a GPS overlay - unless something's changed in the last coupla years.

Call me old-school, but I still like to have an ADF in the plane, I still enjoy practicing NDB approaches, especially when there's some wind - just did a DME/NDB last night in fact - and there are still places in the world where NDBs are common.

Scott

Call me old-school, but I still like to have an ADF in the plane, I still enjoy practicing NDB approaches, especially when there's some wind - just did a DME/NDB last night in fact - and there are still places in the world where NDBs are common.

True. There are plenty of small and medium sized airports that doesn't see enough traffic to warrant the cost of installing an ILS. Flying an NDB procedure with a bit of crosswind can be challenging indeed, especially as the wind often changes with altitude.

Still, I wouldn't dismiss the RV7 over such a detail. I use the original C172 and RealAir's Duke for procedure training and bring out the RV7 when I just want to have some fun, which has been quite often lately. :)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Still, I wouldn't dismiss the RV7 over such a detail.

Rolf,

Just to be clear, I am in no way dismissing or even mildly criticizing the RV7; a plane I don't even own (yet. :-) ). My only intent was to comment on the need/use/desirability of an ADF in a modern cockpit.

Scott

Rolf,

Just to be clear, I am in no way dismissing or even mildly criticizing the RV7; a plane I don't even own (yet. :-) ). My only intent was to comment on the need/use/desirability of an ADF in a modern cockpit.

Scott

That part wasn't aimed at you specifically, Scott. Just a general comment. My fault for not being clear enough.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg