Sign in to follow this  
s.mellah

Different heading in EFIS and Avdyne

I think I read someone mentionning this problem (??), in a post but can't find it again.

I havea few degrees difference in my heading if I look at the EFIS or the Avdyne compas. Is it normal. Eventhough I reset the

Gyro drift with the D key.

Thanks for your input

Hi S.Mellah,

You are seeing the difference between the degrees magnetic (EFIS) display heading and the degrees true display heading (Avidyne) . You should also note the bearing display in the top right corner of the Avidyne, that will likley display degree magnetic. The standard GPS unit should also display degrees magnetic.

Also as superglide17 states, you should also consider any heading variance to compensate for wind. This enables you to follow the correct track with crosswinds.

Tim

Hello,

It could be related (or not) to the old Magnetic Variation table used by FSX.

You can update your MAG VAR (to 2010 data) here and avoid some typical misalligned ILS course and HDG.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

You can update US and European Navaids database (with some limitations, read the doc), too.

Regards,

Raphaël Beaud

CPL/IR/FI

Thanks for the info Raphaël,

I had no idea these could be updated. I'll do it.

But in this case ? where EFIS and Avdyne are not correlated, do they take their data from different sources ?

Souheil