Sign in to follow this  
OrderlyChaos

High Altitude Jet Routes 737NGX FMC

So I am loving my PMDG 737NGX Aircraft.... I've only been flying it for a couple of weeks but still the experience is MOST amazing. So I mainly just do direct flights airport to airport, but I wanted to start doing more realistic high altitude navigation. I've tried on several occasions to use the jet routes on the En Route Charts in nDAC (For example, flying between KABQ and KDEN (Short Flight I know) I could either use J13 or J15, but the FMC says there not on in the database. I am using the current navigation data, as provided by Navigraph for my PMDG products and I do keep all my charts updated (I spend a lot of money on credits to do so), but still I can seem to get the routes accepted in the FMC. I've never had problems using jet routes on my PMDG 747 or MD-11.

Any thoughts?

On a separate but related note, is the "Gate" info on the POS screen of the FMC just for looks or can it actually be used. Last night I was parked at B23 doing passenger loading and pre-flight setup, but when I put in the gate it also says "not in database".

Thanks!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jeremy Werderman

Computer

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi (8-Core) Processor, Crosshair Formula V Mobo, 32 gigs COSAIR Vengeance DDR3, Liquid Cooled, Win 7 64Bit

Flying

FSX, PMDG 737NGX, 747, MD-11, J41, and Level-D 767

Mods

FS2Crew Voice Commander, FlightBeem KSFO, AES 2.23

Well, it is waste of money to pay for navgraph navigation databases and not using them.

Gate database is not so good, there are lot of missing gates so do not worry about that, just look at your parking layout chart, read coordinates for gate and enter it in FMC (alternative version, go on page 2 and pick up GPS coordinates and paste it on first page).

Are you sure you enter airways at the left side of FMC RTE page? So give us complete ruote you are trying to enter in FMC?

At flightaware you can see airlines usually fly: ABQ2 ALS LARKS6 route - no airways here.

The FMC won't recognise the airway without an entry point. So first you need to add a waypoint that's on the airway you want to use. Then you can enter the airway number.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

ki9cAAb.jpg

The FMC won't recognise the airway without an entry point. So first you need to add a waypoint that's on the airway you want to use. Then you can enter the airway number.

That is not true at all.

That is not true at all.

Actually, it is true for the first airway on the route. It has to have a defined entry point.

On the rest of the airways, you may just enter the airway directly if they are connected to the previous airway on the route.

At flightaware you can see airlines usually fly: ABQ2 ALS LARKS6 route - no airways here.

Jeremy,

I don't know anything about your flying preferences, but I do pretty much only commercial, and I like flying real-world routes. I get 95% of the routes I need from FlightAware. Every one of the hundreds of flight plans I've gotten from FlightAware has worked great with the PMDG NAV database. And, as quoted above, it's true that many flight plans contain no airway designations.

Unless you only enjoy manually entering FPs, there are a few ways to get routes from FlightAware into PMDG format so they can be easily called up into the FMC via the "CO ROUTE" function. If you're not aware of these and want to make use of them, just yell and someone here will help you out.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

not true at all as in the tutorial 2 has explained

When you have a series of connected airways you can just enter the airways names along sequentially into the via columne the fmc will put the common waypoint is between each pair of airways and is automatically entered

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

When you have a series of connected airways you can just enter the airways names along sequentially into the via columne the fmc will put the common waypoint is between each pair of airways and is automatically entered

What if you only have 1 airway?

Example: Trip from Sydney to Canberra

YSSY - YSCB

Filed in the flightplan as:

SY H65 CB

I'm pretty sure you can't go to your RTE page and just stick in H65 in page 2 by itself.

Trent Hopkinson

YSSY - YSCB

SY H65 CB

I'm pretty sure you can't go to your RTE page and just stick in H65 in page 2 by itself.

Trent Hopkinson

Than that all u need to do than if you got more than 1 airway you dont need to enter the waypoints in as the tutorial2 has explained

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You have to start and end such a sequence of airway entries with a waypoint. If you simply enter the DEP and ARR airports and try and enter a valid airway in the route page it will report INVALID ENTRY. The airway is in the database, but the airport isn't a waypoint on it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

You have to start and end such a sequence of airway entries with a waypoint. If you simply enter the DEP and ARR airports and try and enter a valid airway in the route page it will report NOT IN DATABASE. The airway is in the database, but the airport isn't a waypoint on it.

if you read tutorial 2 page 27 onwards than u will find that all u need to do is put in the departure airport and sid go to route page 2 and enter the airways where u dont need to enter the waypoints is what i was trying to say in the first place

Peter kelberg

I've tried on several occasions to use the jet routes on the En Route Charts in nDAC (For example, flying between KABQ and KDEN (Short Flight I know) I could either use J13 or J15, but the FMC says there not on in the database. I am using the current navigation data, as provided by Navigraph for my PMDG products and I do keep all my charts updated (I spend a lot of money on credits to do so), but still I can seem to get the routes accepted in the FMC. I've never had problems using jet routes on my PMDG 747 or MD-11.

Any thoughts?

Both J13 and J15 pass through the ABQ VOR. If you enter ABQ as a DIRECT to waypoint, or select ABQ2 as a SID, you can then enter either J13 or J15 from there as a VIA on the RTE page.

if you read tutorial 2 page 27 onwards than u will find that all u need to do is put in the departure airport and sid go to route page 2 and enter the airways where u dont need to enter the waypoints is what i was trying to say in the first place

Thats because the last waypoint of the sid is located on that airway.

Precisely.

ki9cAAb.jpg

YSSY - YSCB

SY H65 CB

Trent Hopkinson

In this case you need to do this:

VIA TO

DIRECT SY

H65 CB

SY and CB are VORs, not the airports themselves, the FMC isn't able to make airways connect two airport waypoints - it has to be navaids (VORs, NDBs, fixes) that are actually defined in the database as being part of the airway.

You can't just put H65 in... remember the highways analogy in the tutorial - you need to tell it the on and off ramps for any airway segment you use. The shortcuts I showed in Tutorial 2 only work if there is a common "interchange" between the two airways - otherwise you have to enter the "off ramp" in the TO column.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com