Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Milviz B55 might be available really soon

Hi all,

here are the low rez textures for the B-55. Please note that we do not provide support for these. Be sure to back your texture directory and your aircraft.cfg up before you overwrite with these.

www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/B-55_LowRez.zip

We tested this and we get an average of 10fps better everywhere...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

We are re-working the RXP integration so it's easier... and works properly

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

We are re-working the RXP integration so it's easier... and works properly

Wow this is real great support, you will make a lot of people very happy.

If you mean fully working 3D outer dials too then I'll buy another plane as well to say thanks its worth it to have these two great creations working together.

Is the rudder issue something that's only affecting some people? I see maybe a 1-2 degree bank after holding the rudder fully deflected for about 30 seconds. I wouldn't consider that to be particularly egregious, and can imagine it being fairly accurate.

The way it's described makes it sound way more of an issue than what I'm seeing - one person described it as causing more roll than full ailerons, so am I 'one of the lucky ones' ? And if so, is it likely to be that I use fsuipc (and the latest version) for every aspect of my flight controls?

No, your experience closely matches mine. Trust me, if during beta testing I had been able to do barrel rolls I would have flagged that. I suspect, but obviously cannot prove, that I have my rudders calibrated differently than some other people do. And so clearly if one person's rudders are calibrated to be more powerful than other peoples' then different results can be seen.

Nevertheless, as Colin has written, we are going to do our best to correct these identified areas.

Ken

Wow this is real great support, you will make a lot of people very happy.

Very much so.

This is my first Milviz plane, and while everything certainly hasn't been perfect, I'm impressed with the potential and even more so with the desire to make things right.

I suspect, but obviously cannot prove, that I have my rudders calibrated differently than some other people do.

Ken, this really is curious. I'm flying with Saitek rudder pedals, calibrated with FSUIPC. No curve on the rudders, +5 on the brakes. Works well with other aircraft and I have no complaint on the brakes with this plane.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to figure this out.

Tttocs - I confirm your RXP popup issue.. I was pulling my hair out today trying to figure out did I do something wrong to my panel.cfg because it popped up yesterday but not today.

I'm relieved that it isn't just me, so thanks for confirming. 'Bout drove me nutz trying to figure out why it worked sometimes and not others.

Still not sure why I can't get GPS to reliably drive the HSI (and AP) though - but as previously posted, taking a bit of a break before revisiting. Hard not to fly the B55 tonight, though, as it really calls to me. :-)

Scott

It has nothing to do with the hardware from my tests, because I tried applying rudder using the Keyboard Numpad 0 and Enter keys, and the same thing happened, the aircraft rolls everytime.

Alexis Mefano

Guest Mik75

Hmm, I don't have any issues with the rudder. For me, this is a very believable fight model and it is pure fun to fly. I did some crosswind landings and I found the handling to be very predictable and a little challenging, which I absolutely love. I use a Saitek Proflight yoke and rudder pedals, everything setup and calibrated within FSX. I hope the coming patch won't change too much on this really good flight model which feels very alive!

The only thing I recognised is, that the RXP GNS popup via mouse click

only works with the panel light turned on, I'll have to take another look into the cfg again...

I absolutely agree that the Milviz customer support is really good and very fast! The open minded, honest and kind communication is just a jewel in the crowd!

I calibrated my own rudders so that over the range of what I tend to fly it provides what I consider responses that are reallistic. I also do it for braking actions as I consider FSX to tend to handle brakes like they are concrete frozen in steel! And real airplanes, especially the general aviation type, don't use brakes that powerful, nor do pilots tend to stomp on them. I had an old instructor long ago give me some good advice that stayed with me. "Brakes are for steering! Stay off them as much as possible to brake. Just let the plane roll out, nothing bad can happen that way!"

There a myraid of scaler values and curves that can be adopted, as well as null zones. I could not even calculate the sheer number of permutations available. Anyway, my sole motivation for posting that is to try to explain how performance in this area can be so starkly different for different people. Certainly, no one at MilViz is going to question a customer's feedback. You folks paid your hard earned money to us and we owe you truth and integrity in the support process. When it comes right down to it, it doesn't matter as much how our planes perform on my computer. It matters ultimately how it performs on the computers of our paying customers. And we need to do what we can do to make that right.

We owe you nothing less, and aim to give nothing less.

Cheers,

Ken

Still not sure why I can't get GPS to reliably drive the HSI (and AP) though - but as previously posted, taking a bit of a break before revisiting. Hard not to fly the B55 tonight, though, as it really calls to me. :-)

Scott

Maybe your RXPGNS.ini file?

To setup integration I first created the file and the popup using the RXP config tool

Only then I added it to the VC section.

Then I went and edited RXPGNS and added

"LinkGPS=On" on the 3rd line.

Do you have LinkGPS=On

I just want to add that with this release, Milviz just became my favorite payware developer. I own plenty of aircraft from a slew of FSX devs and the two things that stand out in the Milviz aircraft is:

1/ they respect the subject matter enough to publish a decent Pilots handbook with the plane. Point in case, the Carenado planes, which are more expensive, have almost zero documentation. Fx the C90 from Carenado is so complex I can't believe they expect a guy like me to fly it with that level of documentation.

2/ the flight model. Many FSX/P3D planes feel too easy compared to fx DCS whereas the Milviz planes feel very dynamic.

(3/ the pricing... :-))

edit 4/ Oh and the missions but I haven't gotten to them yet :-) All devs should throw in a handful of missions with their planes. Would add so much spice.

Wonderful job, Milviz.

Hi all,

here are the low rez textures for the B-55. Please note that we do not provide support for these. Be sure to back your texture directory and your aircraft.cfg up before you overwrite with these.

www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/B-55_LowRez.zip

We tested this and we get an average of 10fps better everywhere...

Well I tried installing the low rez textures and I somehow screwd it up. So anyways I deleted the b55 and reinstalled. Now my FPS is a solid 30 locked in all areas. Tested in ORBX Seattle. And that is with the default hi res textures. So anyone with FPS issues try reinstalling the aircraft. Weird but worked for me. Great aircraft and support Milviz. Thanks for your help.

I just want to add that with this release, Milviz just became my favorite payware developer. I own plenty of aircraft from a slew of FSX devs and the two things that stand out in the Milviz aircraft is:

1/ they respect the subject matter enough to publish a decent Pilots handbook with the plane. Point in case, the Carenado planes, which are more expensive, have almost zero documentation. Fx the C90 from Carenado is so complex I can't believe they expect a guy like me to fly it with that level of documentation.

2/ the flight model. Many FSX/P3D planes feel too easy compared to fx DCS whereas the Milviz planes feel very dynamic.

(3/ the pricing... :-))

edit 4/ Oh and the missions but I haven't gotten to them yet :-) All devs should throw in a handful of missions with their planes. Would add so much spice.

Wonderful job, Milviz.

+1

Matt Wilson

Do you have LinkGPS=On

I've actually tried it both ways. Normally I wouldn't expect to need that line to drive a simple HSI, but when things didn't work it was the first addition I made. I have several "stock" RXPGNS.ini files that I use for various 430/530 combinations, but in this case I even went back and let the RXP configurator build a new one for me. Changes seem irrelevant, as the plane behaves like it doesn't see the .ini at all.

It's a wierd one, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out when I go back to the plane.

Thanks for your comments,

Scott

I've actually tried it both ways. Normally I wouldn't expect to need that line to drive a simple HSI, but when things didn't work it was the first addition I made. I have several "stock" RXPGNS.ini files that I use for various 430/530 combinations, but in this case I even went back and let the RXP configurator build a new one for me. Changes seem irrelevant, as the plane behaves like it doesn't see the .ini at all.

It's a wierd one, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out when I go back to the plane.

Thanks for your comments,

Scott

Disregarding the HSI, does the autopilot work off GPS with LinkGPS turned on?

Disregarding the HSI, does the autopilot work off GPS with LinkGPS turned on?

No. Radios (both comm and nav) worked OK, but toggling to GPS from either the 530 or the panel GPS/NAV switch did nothing. The GPS would recognize headings from the HSI, as I would get the set course message on the GPS, but nothing went the other way.

As the Milviz folks continue their work on modifications to the plane, I'll revisit this and see what more I can figure out.

Scott

No. Radios (both comm and nav) worked OK, but toggling to GPS from either the 530 or the panel GPS/NAV switch did nothing. The GPS would recognize headings from the HSI, as I would get the set course message on the GPS, but nothing went the other way.

As the Milviz folks continue their work on modifications to the plane, I'll revisit this and see what more I can figure out.

Scott

Hi I just tested again by loading FSX without a flight plan, entered a new plan into the GPS.

GPS definitely controls the autopilot, and when I set a new destination, then I turn on the autopilot.

Then I change from heading mode to NAV mode.

If you do happen to hit CDI to VLOC mode, and go back to GPS mode on the RXP, be aware that the autopilot switched back to HDG mode when you went VLOC. But it doesn't switch back.

Any time you change to GPS mode on the RXP you need to change the AP back to NAV mode again or it won't track.

So if you have the RXP CDI in GPS mode and not VLOC, plus you have autopilot in NAV mode, it will track.

HSI doesn't update for me either, but autopilot works.

Maybe this is by design to be realistic? I know some FSX planes like the Duke have HSI driven by GPS as an option, with HSI set manually as the "realistic" option..

There is a way you can force HSI though if you replace the gauge:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gns430w-does-not-drive-hsi-in-aopa-cardinal_topic28916.html