Sign in to follow this  
Kerberos42

Bug: Invisible layer

As I was going for today's Aerocache, the storage buildings at John Rogers field, I crashed into something just short of the cache. Turns out there seems to be an invisible layer covering the storage buildings. I can land on it, taxi around on top of the buildings and take off again. I can taxi through the trees to the north of the row of buildings and the open space between the trees and the large cluster of buildings. If you go far enough north or over the edge of the buildings to the south, you fall off. I once crashed into something invisible at 2500ft agl, so I guess these are just terrain height anomalies? I remember some weird canyons in Alaska in FSX or 9 that were terrain mesh errors.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

We have to rise a NOTAM for that! Thx!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Confirmed. The entire area is surrounded by a huge collision box. So much for testing aerocache attainability before releasing them, I guess. :unknw:

So much for testing aerocache attainability before releasing them, I guess. :unknw:

Maybe MS is using an upgraded version of Flight for testing... :wink:

Yes, I discovered that last night also. I throught I would land, walk over and grab it, not. I ran around the entire area and could not reach it from any direction. It must be floating above the "force field" I had to take off again and get it from the air. What could they be hiding in those storage buildings??????????????

It's below the "force field" but I landed on the invisible roof and taxied over the cache, coming close enough to get it.

Other scenery is like this. I tried to walk aboard the Missouri, but it's blocked.

sigPicF8.jpg

Other scenery is like this. I tried to walk aboard the Missouri, but it's blocked.

No, that's a different issue, from the raised edge of the boarding ramp. When walking in Flight, you don't raise your feet so you can't step up and over anything. You can actually taxi over that bump and get out, but then you fall through the ramp into the water.

I taxied up to the storage sheds intending to walk to the cache but could not exit the aircraft. I flew to another airport and still could not exit the aircraft. I am going to start flight again and see if the problem persists. Edit.... I have tried again and cannot exit any aircraft anywhere.

Now we know where the hidden SR-71 is!

=)

How well I know. Once out of the aircraft you will fall through. And if you exit free flight and return, you will find yourself in a sinking aircraft. Great fun.

^ Similar experience when I landed on the volcano crater south of Hilo for a close look at the lava. When I exited, I was 100' below the aircraft, which was sitting on an invisible platform. I was able to re-enter it by standing directly underneath it. Weird. :Hypnotized:

It's below the "force field" but I landed on the invisible roof and taxied over the cache, coming close enough to get it.

I got the cache while flying the stearman… couldn't walk through the forcefield

You can just pick it up from a low fly past as well...

I was checking it out from the RV (and wondering where to land on the force field) when the cache was assimilated as I flew past...