•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

CH Control Manager enhances the MS Flight experience

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pville211

Pville211

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 4 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

If you have CH controllers then you can use CH Control Manager, which greatly enhances the MS Flight experience. I recently acquired a CH Fighterstick and a CH Pro Throttle. The attached document details the capabilities I discovered when experimenting with CH Control Manager.
  • Is seamless with MS Flight configurations. You use this with MS Flight configs, not instead of MS Flight configs.
  • Protects you from lost control configurations in MS Flight.
  • Maps ANY keyboard command to controller buttons, and allows you to mix keyboard commands with flight control commands on 4-way switches.
  • Corrects the 90-degree offset in the Pro Throttle hat switch.
  • Allows controller buttons to work anywhere in MS Flight, not just in the simulation screen (teaser: you can use one button to switch to the map screen AND back again to the flying screen).
  • Adjusts controller sensitivity and null zones.
  • Configures single-press commands to be action commands (for example, you can slide your eyepoint left instead of using repetitive button presses).
  • Configures buttons to do real camera zooming, not just incremental changes.
I'm happy with the CH controllers, and I'm very happy with the CH Control Manager capabilities. I thought I should share this info with other users.

My doc does not replace the Control Manager user guide; understanding the program involves reading the manual. And I'm a novice CH user, so questions should be directed to the forum as a whole, because I probably don't know the answer.

Have a great day!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 jcomm

jcomm

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,196 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 9 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Well, although I no longer have it, I used to use that software together with CH Propedals and Flightstick Pro, and it was a great tool!!!

Thanks a lot for the precious info!

J.Monteiro

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...
I'm grateful to All of those who make that Possible...

#3 Sigma54

Sigma54

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 3 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Is seamless with MS Flight configurations. You use this with MS Flight configs, not instead of MS Flight configs.

Similarly, if you have Saitek yoke or pedals, you can configure them with their software to work with Flight (I have some things configure by Flight configs, and other things configured by Saitek configs... they can work together to make the experience that much better!

#4 RoboRay

RoboRay

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,432 posts
  • Joined 2 Years, 5 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Same for Logitech, TM, and other software.

Configuring some buttons to send keystrokes allowed me to work around some limitations in Flight's control options.

l51WoN2.png

Kerbal Space Program... Where failure is always an option.

#5 dburne

dburne

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,042 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Configuring some buttons to send keystrokes allowed me to work around some limitations in Flight's control options.

Indeed, same with the TM software, first with my Cougar and now with my new Warthog. Having the ability to send key commands to buttons, along with being able to assign multiple key commands to invididual buttons is a great benefit, even with a flight sim that is fairly simple regarding controller functions.
Don B