Sign in to follow this  
empuries

runtime error '9' RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code

Hi folks,

always after importing a flightplan at RC and activating it FSX is showing me that my airplane (still in parking position) crashed. At the same time RC is showing me an error message "runtime error '9' RadarContact.fsuipc.rcv4code".

Im using Win 7 (64bit), have the newest FSUIPC installed and all other addons run well. Hopefully you can help, I did not find any helpful information about that online.

Cheers

empuries

Error 9 translates to subscript out of range. Is this happening at all airports and all flight plans? Does it happen with just FSX and RC running with a default aircraft?

Have you updated makerwys and rebuilt the scenery database using either the local procedure (fs and rc on some pc) or networked (rc on client) procedure using the correct fs path in either case? The current makerwys is here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and fsuipc4 updates are here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

RC version 4 build 3845 was the last released.

By crash do you mean an aircraft crash? Try running FSX without crash protection. If there is a plan/scenery conflict RC will attempt to move your aircraft and note if it does.

What planner are you using?

Be sure your departure information and position of your aircraft at the airport match. It look like you have correctly started FS with a loaded flight before pressing the start button in RC at which time you experience the problem, correct?.

If nothing here solves your problem create a log by pressing the debug button in RC before loading the flight plan. After the crash (and RC has stopped and if not alt-tab until the RC window opens and hit quit)) go to your rcv4 folder and rename your rcv4.log file to rcv4something.log so it will not be overwritten in the future. Zip it up and attach it to an e-mail to jd@jdtllc.com with subject RC crash report and a description of this problem. Your log should include your flight plan automatically as well as other information. jd can examine it to see what is happening. Please the log topic at the forum head.

You can include a link to this thread in your e-mail.

as i explained in my email to you. this is almost always caused by files in \data directory being changed, incorrectly.

or, that makerwys.exe is out of date, and you are getting bad r4.csv and a4.csv file

there is a link at the top of the forum, where you can get the latest makerwys, download it, and install it into the root directory of fsx

then click the rebuild rc scenery database in the rc app (don't run makerwys.exe directory)

jd

If RC resides on a networked client to an FS host, run makerwys.exe in your FS folder first, otherwise if both are on the same machine just let RC normally rebuild.