Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

DCS: Combined Arms

Not has a flight simulator but improved the ground war level

[media=]

[/media]

Promotional trailer of DCS: Combined Arms

*** This video is based on a pre-Alpha version of the game and some features have changed ***

DCS: Combined Arms allows the control of ground forces during the battle. Use the strategic map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions, and control the ground battle. Jump into the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and designate targets for close air support aircraft, or directly control an armoured vehicle or air defence weapon and engage enemy forces.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armour warfare simulation, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark, or P-51D Mustang.

DCS: Combined Arms supports both single player and multiplayer gameplay. When in multiplayer, different players can take on different roles such as artillery commanders, tank commanders, pilots, JTACS, etc. DCS: Combined Arms allows you full control of the battle.

Features of the DCS: Combined Arms:

• Move ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.

• Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support.

• Jump into the seat of many amour and air defence units to engage enemy air and ground forces.

• Play in both single player and multiplayer games.

• Both small and large scale battle missions included.

• Part of DCS World

Some images

CA-1.jpg

CA-3.jpg

CA-4.jpg

CA-11.jpg

CA-13.jpg

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Wags News

A few images captured from a test battle I ran today.

Development work and testing continues on CA and we still hope to release by the end of June. If not, we were simply unable to resolve one or more critical bugs... like stability. We are doing our best to release the pre-purchase as soon as we can.

Thanks

Screen_120622_145238.jpg

Screen_120622_145305.jpg

Screen_120622_150532.jpg

Screen_120622_150617.jpg

Screen_120622_150714.jpg

Screen_120622_150805.jpg

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Looks Great!! Can't wait

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Combined Arms capability (from ED forum):

The number of slots I believe is unlimited. However, it is up to the mission designer to decide how big is too big, accounting for client connection quality and host properties.

Perhaps the attached screen shot may help illustrate this. Please note the top right of the screen.

BCs.jpg

And thats about as many as your MP server can support.

It goes without saying, I've not tested that many slots yet :P

Come to think of it, perhaps I should bring back out the old battlefield mission with 1800+ units ...

And Game Master Feature

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90374

I liked the idea of this, never noticed before it was listed as a feature.

Does the GM have the ability to spawn during mission? Can they do anything advanced to change the tide of the battle?

No, Game Master simply has control (F10 view and 1st person mode) of all units in the mission.

But depending on how triggers are set up, new units can be introduced (spawned) into the mission.

Although they will initially be visual targeting only (no radar display), SA-8 and SA-15 are now 1st person mode controlled units in CA.

Having a lot of fun with these!

Awesome! Can we turn the radar on and off? Even if we can't see it?

From the F10 view via ROE setting, yes.

Sa-8 y Sa-15 on CA

Screen_120623_124622.jpg

Screen_120623_124552.jpg

Screen_120623_124837.jpg

Screen_120623_124814.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1498186&postcount=167

Some night shots.

Depending on if the open beta is available next week, I will try to do some short videos in the next few days.

Thanks

Boom.jpg

IRPointer1.jpg

IRPointer2.jpg

Laserdesignation.jpg

Linebacker1.jpg

Linebacker2.jpg

Target.jpg

Zoomedout.jpg

WOW!!! Fantastic!!! Thx minoslas for Great info, Can't wait :Big Grin:

Patrick

Combined Arms available here

Waiting to purchase page, meanwile:

22.jpg

oficial update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=90961

DCS: Combined Arms Pre-Purchase / Open Beta Available

DCS: Combined Arms gives the user control of ground forces during the battle. Use the Command Map to move ground forces, set artillery fire missions and control the ground battle. Assume the role of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and designate targets for close air support aircraft in multiplayer games, or directly control armour vehicles or air defence weapons and engage the enemy.

Play DCS: Combined Arms as a real time strategy game, a first person armour warfare game, or direct the ground battle from the cockpit of a DCS aircraft like the A-10C Warthog, Ka-50 Black Shark or P-51D Mustang.

Pre-Purchase also provides access to Beta versions of DCS: Combined Arms.

Features of the DCS: Combined Arms:

• Move ground forces and direct their fire during a mission.

• Be the Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) and direct close air support.

• Jump into the seat of many armour and air defense units to engage enemy air and ground forces.

• Play in both single player and multiplayer games.

• Both small and large scale battle missions included.

• Part of DCS World

Trailer:

Download the pre-purchase of Combined Arms for $29.99 from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products〈=en

DCS World must be installed prior to installing DCS: Combined Arms: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=21&end_pos=137〈=en

Awesome!!!! Gonna be a very short work day!!

Patrick

Wags news

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98954

Certainly not a complete list, but there are several nice improvements coming to the next Combined Arms version (1.2.3). These improvements are the cause of the longer than expected beta period, but in the end, we think you will have a better product.

1- Command Map control of air units. You can now route them, set speed and altitude, and set targets.

2- Ground units in group now stay in formation with user when in first person control mode. User can set formation and ROE when in 1st person mode.

3- Updated, higher resolution ground unit HUDs.

4- Added min and max range rings for all indirect fire systems.

5- Added countdown timer for indirect fire missions.

6- Mission designer can now determine which ground units can and cannot be controlled by players (1st person and Command Map).

7- Platform Shake is better implemented and provides basic "weapon stabilization" option when the vehicle is on the move.

8- Added hot keys for hull / turret alignments, turret lock, and gun lock on azimuth.

9- Unit resupply added during mission, tied to cargo trucks and warehouses.

10. Reduced muzzles smoke effect.

11- Changing round type loading delay added.

12- Added military icons for Command Map.

13- Provided NVG gain.

14- New compass orientation options.

15- Signal flare options.

Wags CA versión 1.2.3 Video

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1631473&postcount=57

A short hands on preview of the Command Map in 1.2.3

Will try to do some 1st person vehicle control videos tomorrow.